PDA

View Full Version : Droppin fuel Tank

Nova_Houch7
12-05-06, 02:29 PM
Hi there, just wandering is it possible to drop the fuel tank out just puttin car on stands, or does the car need to be up on a car ramp?

HAd few problems recently, fuel wasnt being pumped thru to the pump, so i replaced the pump, to find that it may be the pipe to the fuel tank or the tank itself is blocked or sumtin?

Jus 1 problem after the other, P***IN me off a lil now, all i wanna do is jus drive my nova, had my license over a month now!!!!!!

thanks, Luke

Adam
12-05-06, 02:30 PM
Sure the fuel filter isn't blocked?

You should be able to drop the fuel tank with the car on axle stands yeah.

Nova_Houch7
12-05-06, 02:35 PM
Well my mechanic came round, and says that i need to get the fuel tank out. He said he'd only do it himself if i could get the car to him, but since car isnt runnin cant drive it there, plus havnt got the trailer that i used to get it to where it is now. since the break in!

might have a go at droppin fuel tank soon then, ganna get a haynes manual aswell as dont have a clue about it tbh lol.
thanks, L

Nova Full
12-05-06, 03:37 PM
yeah you can drop the fuel tank whilst the cars on axle stands, you need to take you exhaust off first then disconnect your handbrake before you can drop the tank

mowgli
12-05-06, 08:50 PM
if it is a carb model, there is a dead simple thing you can do, simply undo the fuel feed pipe and blow down it really hard. it will loosen the crap over the pipe, and you should be able to drive it to the garage
if it is an injection one, then you have to get underneath, and muck about.
Maybe it is time to learn how to be towed.