PDA

View Full Version : Wiring help

SuperNova!
11-05-06, 11:42 PM
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the standard nova central locking and electric windows loom?

I am having a bit of a nightmare!

Thanks

novamadman
12-05-06, 12:11 AM
why are you having a nightmare

have you bought the loom second hand out of something else?

its so easy you wouldnt believe

shane

SuperNova!
12-05-06, 12:42 AM
I bought a complete kit including wires and motors etc, but I cannot get the wires to work anything maybe the black box is broken or there are breaks in the wires?

The windows work if I connect a battery to them so the motors are fine,

If I can get a wiring diagram I was going to scrap the wires and make my own loom incorporating the black box?

:confused:

novamadman
12-05-06, 12:44 AM
are you 100% you have a good earth at cenre console, and you have connected everything up properly through fuse box e.t.c

shane

Spudly
12-05-06, 12:48 AM
The black box is just the control module for the central locking and has nothing to do with the windows, up till the earth point they are two seperate looms iirc, i stripped one down about a year or so from an SR, all the earths do to a screw near the switches in the center console i think and the two plugs connect into the fuse box at the right hand side i think the windows are fuse 11, there is a wire on the back of the fuse box from no. 11 to the space where the plug goes in and the lockind plug clips in sepereately below it i think, hope some of this helps ya mate!!

SuperNova!
12-05-06, 12:51 AM
TBH with you mate I am not doing the work myself so I dont know what he has tried but he is usually very good with electrics and he just says he cant get them working,

What he tried first was connecting the live feed for the loom and earthing it while the loom was out of the car then connecting a window motor and trying to get it to work with no joy,

And he has just asked me to try and find a wiring diagram for him, I changed my engine myself but havent got a clue about wiring!

Any ideas where he may be going wrong?

:thumb:

Adam
12-05-06, 12:53 AM
Every wiring diagram you need is in a Haynes manual.

Spudly
12-05-06, 12:55 AM
Is he powering up the right loom cos they all joined together with electrical tape but they are two seperate looms inside it all, bacause one relies on a switched live feed (windows) and one is permanent live (c-locking)

SuperNova!
12-05-06, 01:00 AM
I will tell him everything you have all said tomorrow and hopefully I can get it sorted out, at the mo I have a car battery and some wire connected to it and when I want the window down passenger side I just touch the wires!

Cheers for the help guys :thumb:

novamadman
12-05-06, 01:01 AM
on the loom unless it has been chopped and mucked about with, there is a black control box which sits underneath passenger side of dash, centre console is obvious 2 plugs to switches, one earth wire which connects below centre console, plug on either side for electric windows which are obvious just connect to the plugs one either motor, and plugs on either side for central locking again just plugs in straight forwardly. Inside the drivers door when it comes in through the body of the car, there are two wires coming out of the loom with little plugs on the end, one black, one red / orange, take the fuse box cover off, the black wire is for the windows and plugs straight into number 11/15, not sure where the red one goes but look on back of fuse box cover / haynes manual to see, but this should not affect the electric windows.

If it does not work after this i can only think that it would be something in the wiring to the fuse box as all/most novas where wired for electric windows to the fuse box but maybe this one isnt im not sure

i dont think it matters about the control box as its for the cenral locking but i may be wrong

if it works with power from battery when ur m8 tested it there cant be anything wrong with motors or switches.....

shane

SuperNova!
12-05-06, 01:02 AM
So will I have plugs by my fuse box to plug the loom/s into even though my car didnt come with electric windows obviously, its a k reg merit plus?

novamadman
12-05-06, 01:07 AM
you should have i think im not 100% if they all where wired as far as fuse box, look and you will see at the back, i think there is an ignition live running to one of the spades in fuse 11, and there is a black wire running from that to a spade on 15, when u put the plug into 15 it joins the circuit which is where u get your power from for the windows, but like i said im not 100% every nova was done like this

my nova was a 1 litre spin and it was

if you do not get it sorted by tommorrow night post up again and ill check the proper fuse numbers and what wires are where at the back of fuse box, for you as im only talking from memory atm, and i cudnt be ****d to go out now lol

shane

Spudly
12-05-06, 01:07 AM
Yeah thats a thing what model of nova you running because mine was a mk2 1.2luxe and mine didnt have the wiring for the electric windows, i think it had the locking wiring but nothing else, she didnt even have a rev counter wire either lol so if he plugging it into the fuse box then this could be why its not working may have to find aother power source i think i used the wipers feed to power mine lol!!!

novamadman
12-05-06, 01:08 AM
if they are not wired to fuse box then its straight forward to run an ignition live to the black wire coming out of loom anyway......

shane

Spudly
12-05-06, 01:11 AM
I was lazy when i did mine and stressed too lol, but its all good as ive jus got my old nova back and rewiring it all dash out time lol, hope you get your windows sorted matey!!!!

SuperNova!
12-05-06, 10:17 AM
Its a k reg 1.2i (originally:D ), merit plus, the wipers even stop themselves on their own!

I am going to have a look at it today!

Nice and :cool: too,

Cheers for the help lads