PDA

View Full Version : 4 buckets in my nova

timmcf
11-05-06, 10:33 AM
i want two in the front and two in the back
has anyone done this before
how hard is it to get the back seats fitting right? what about subframes and all that craic?

probert_nova
11-05-06, 11:29 AM
not sure how easy it is or how to do it but yes it has been done before, i have a pic on my pc at home i'll upload later.

Jack
11-05-06, 06:48 PM
Would they fit?!

Not sure about mounting subframes in the back - the petrol tank is under the rear seats isn't it?

Welsh Dan
11-05-06, 06:57 PM
Wouldnt you need to cut holes in the roof for the heads to stick out? :roll:

Jack
11-05-06, 07:04 PM
Quick, someone get Burgo lol

Welsh Dan
11-05-06, 07:05 PM
lollollol

Isn't he still missing?

Nath
11-05-06, 11:35 PM
yeh theres a blue nova round my area ish number plate d11 ova or somet like that, that runs on t40's. that has back buckets will sort some pics out from mids 11

timmcf
12-05-06, 11:01 AM
they fit alrite just need some type of subframes to get them to stay in the one place,
any photos would be a big help!

yes the petrol tank is dirrectly below that so they will be very little cutting done to the bottom of the car! or the top!!!!!!!!!!

timmcf
12-05-06, 11:19 AM
thinking out loud!!!
could you make a subframe out of the old back seat, just the bottom part!
link it onto the two clips at the front of the seat, as normal.
then linkin the back of it onto where the original back support was linked on!!
you know what i mean?
then some how bolt the bucket seats to that home made subframe!!!
would it be legal

DI4BLO
12-05-06, 12:49 PM
Just a thought if you do fit them (seen them in that blue nova people mentioned) but how do you get in the back as with buckets in the front it becomes difficult to get in the rear even with tilt and reclining seats?

might end up a visual thing rather than a usable mod

ZuPeRMaN
13-05-06, 03:26 PM
there are backets that recline.. i?ve seen them.. at least here in portugal.. but i can?t see the interest in having backets in the back.. i think that?s just for show off.. :)

timmcf
15-05-06, 10:40 AM
well dont wana get rid of the back seats and anther set of buckets would of course look sweet!

where can i get tilting subframes for buckets?

nismo
15-05-06, 12:26 PM
i want two in the front and two in the back
has anyone done this before
how hard is it to get the back seats fitting right? what about subframes and all that craic?

If u hav trouble wit seats or subframe just take the covers of the bukets and cut the seats to make them lower its easily done ive seen it done before..

timmcf
15-05-06, 03:43 PM
would that not make the bottom of the buckets quite sh#t and not very strong?

Tim
15-05-06, 03:49 PM
i wanna see some pics of this, sounds interstin, and have thought about it myself, reckon its more of a cosmetic mod than a functional 1 though, especially id you have tall mates

timmcf
15-05-06, 03:55 PM
well my younger bigger bro is 6ft 4", we sorta set a bucket in the back and one in the front and he said that he was comfortable!!!!
oh and im 6ft 2" and i was comfortable in the front.

Tim
15-05-06, 04:10 PM
cool, im 6ft 2 as well.

any pics form anyone???????????

nismo
15-05-06, 05:01 PM
would that not make the bottom of the buckets quite sh#t and not very strong?

i dnt know i doubt it if u weld the seats back up gd again with a decent welder they shud be fine