PDA

View Full Version : Split Hose Near Tank!

Nova_Tek
10-05-06, 02:25 PM
Just had my Nova on ramps to sort out a squeeky handbrake. Was going round checking all else on the car and noticed this:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/707/image0006se.jpg

Split hose that runs from the tank by the looks of it. Its located approx here when looking at the underside of the car:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4254/image00077wa.jpg

I couldnt find it in the haynes manual :confused:

Anyone got an idea?

Thanx :thumb:

Nova Full
10-05-06, 04:08 PM
is that not one of the petrol tank breather hoses?

Nova_Tek
10-05-06, 04:18 PM
Thats what I thought it could be but 2day after i got back from a drive i smelt petrol fumes.

Where does the other end of this hose go?

would it be an easy replacment?

cheers

Nova Full
10-05-06, 05:10 PM
It looks like its the breather that comes out the side of the tank on the drivers side goes through the inner wing area just in front of the rear arch and connects near the top of the fuel filler hose where you put the petrol in

you can see it easier if you take the rear drivers side wheel off

if it is its a bit of a pain to get to when the tanks on the car properly other than that its a pretty straight forward job to replace it. Its a 12mm internal diameter fuel pipe, you need approx 18 inches of it

craig green
10-05-06, 05:22 PM
make sure to use fuel grade pipe as petrol just dissolves regular rubber hose in days.

CG

Nova_Tek
10-05-06, 06:20 PM
It looks like its the breather that comes out the side of the tank on the drivers side goes through the inner wing area just in front of the rear arch and connects near the top of the fuel filler hose where you put the petrol in

you can see it easier if you take the rear drivers side wheel off

if it is its a bit of a pain to get to when the tanks on the car properly other than that its a pretty straight forward job to replace it. Its a 12mm internal diameter fuel pipe, you need approx 18 inches of it

Its been severed about and inch from where it clips onto the tank so it shouldnt be too tuff to remove.

Are you sure its a 12mm internal diameter? looks much smaller. May have to measure it. I got 1 metre of 6mm and 8mm fuel hose hopefully its one of those sizes.

Thanx for the help :thumb:

Adam
10-05-06, 06:22 PM
Thats never 12m ID is it?
Looks about 5mm to me.

Nova_Tek
10-05-06, 06:29 PM
yeh i would have said 6mm - 8mm myself seeing as the fuel hoses in the engine bay are 6mm - 8mm. If thats the case then its all good.

Nova Full
11-05-06, 02:23 PM
if its not 12mm ID then its not the pipe I thought it was

treeted
11-05-06, 06:36 PM
Nope its runs from next to the 12mm breather pipe but goes across the front of the tank and stops on the passenger side of the car. think its another breather of some sort. Just put a new tank on mine and its definitely the same 1.