PDA

View Full Version : Wide Arched/Wide Tracked Nova Raclly or Race Car

novarally
10-05-06, 09:08 AM
Vauxhall Nova Wide Arched/Wide Track Rally or Race Car

It is with great reluctance that I have decided to sell my lightweight, wide-arched and wide-tracked Nova rally car (rolling shell). I have owned this car for many years, but a new project needs my time, so this is for sale.

Please note it is being sold as a ROLLING SHELL. There is NO engine or gearbox, and no front brakes, seats or harnesses. Other than that just about every part you will need to complete the car is included. Please take the time to read the specification, this is a very serious car indeed.

This car was built originally for rallycross, by Ian Evans (rally and rallycross champion). It was subsequently converted to be a rally car, and of course has an MSA logbook. It's had many class wins when fitted with both 1400cc and 2000cc engines. The rear end is spaceframed and uses independent trailing arms. It has drum brakes on the rear. Suspension is by Bilstein coilovers all round. The entire car is Aeroquipped for brake and fuel lines, and there is a small alloy fuel tank under the bonnet, along with the 2 fuel pumps (high pressure injection pump and low pressure Facet Red Top lifter pump), plus an alloy swirl pot. There is also an alloy oil breather tank fitted under the front wing.

Much of the car is fibreglass/kevlar composite, including the tailgate (moulded in one piece with the bodywork), roof panel, and front and rear wings. Both bumpers are also fibreglass, and it has the proper rallycross type wide arch kit with strengthened side sills. So it is extremely lightweight. With a 1400cc engine fitted the car weighed in at around 600kg. The doors have been significantly lightened, and it is fitted with smoked polycarbonate windows with sliders. The bonnet is made from real carbon fibre with an air scoop. There is also a genuine carbon fibre roof spoiler fitted, mounted on anodised aluminium brackets, which came from a VW Golf Formula 2 factory rally car (cost ?800).

The car runs a 100mm wider track, allowing the use of Astra driveshafts (which are supplied). The wider track is achieved with lengthened and strengthened track control arms, and it has Pilbeam tie bars and castor brackets. It also has a Quaife quick steering rack with lengthened steering arms, and alloy steering rack bushes. The front hubs are Group A type, and it has wheel studs and nuts all round.

The whole car is seam welded, and has a welded in cage with diagonal, X door bars and X roof bars. The flat floor is fabricated from steel tube and aluminium sheet, and features an exhaust tunnel. The rear arches are tubbed to allow much larger wheels to be fitted. It has an alloy vertical hydraulic handbrake, and a complete QUAIFE internal gear linkage (very rare, and very expensive), mounted high up on an alloy plinth by AH Fabrications (BTCC style). Also fitted are a set of MAGNESIUM (incredibly light) OZ RACING 7" x 15" wheels, which have just undergone a professional refurbishment and powder coating in Graphite Grey. These are fitted with roadgoing tyres.

The whole car has had a massive amount of time and effort put into making it as light and strong as possible. It's got huge potential! You will not find another Nova like this. Photos will never do justice to the level of modification it's undergone. If you need any photos of specific areas of the car, please ask. Very little of this car is like a standard Nova (although it is still road registered), it has all been professionally fabricated for motorsport.

It does not have any front brakes, and there's no engine/gearbox/seats/belts. Other than that though it's a nearly complete rolling shell, with dashboard, and wiring loom, as well as fire extinguishers, master switch etc., everything you see in the photos is included. It won't take very much work to complete it. I guess it's pretty much the ultimate in terms of lightweight and handling potential. It will make a giant killing rally, race, rallycross, track day, hillclimb or sprint car. PLEASE NOTE that for obvious reasons there is NO MoT (or tax) on this vehicle. And just to make it doubly clear, there is NO engine or gearbox fitted.

SERIOUS ENQUIRIES ONLY, VIA E-MAIL to :

colin.smith@novarally.co.uk

or

www.novarally.co.uk (http://www.novarally.co.uk)

or

colinesmith@aol.com

I will not answer replies made on this thread, or reply to PM's. E-mails only.

novarally
15-05-06, 09:30 AM
Bttt.

dan23
30-07-06, 09:06 PM
is the newowner of this someone on here ?
an chance its for sale

novarally
30-07-06, 09:09 PM
I sold the car 2 days after advertising it, and the new owner is actually the man who built the car in the first place, and it is definitely not for sale.