PDA

View Full Version : some xxxxxxx broke into car

scottishstu
09-05-06, 12:38 AM
hey guys hows it going? better than me i hope!
totally p*ssed off tonight was about to leave work and noticed my keys had took legs ! , got to me car and i was still sitting there!!(thank god!) but on the down side wasnt locked back up and my cd changer and stereo nicked!! , so any way some BA***RD GOT ME KEYS! so what best to do? thinking of changing all the locks etc! whats your thoughts?

:cry:

Welsh Dan
09-05-06, 12:46 AM
Sorry to hear that mate :(.

Lock it up somewhere secure out of sight, if you don't have a garage i'd grovel to a mate who does. Remove some major ignition components so it cant be started (take out more than just the battery, say the dizzy cap and/or rotor arm aswell). Don't put anything valuable in it until you've replaced the locks, allthough now might be as good a time as any to get it de-locked?

Phone your insurance company to find out where you stand if they come back for it?

projectcoshanova
09-05-06, 01:17 AM
hmmmm maybe if its insured let the ****ers take it away and claim on it maybe ull get more than what u paid for it

SuperNova!
09-05-06, 09:15 AM
If you claim you will loose your no claims, some scum stole my sub and amp in bristol.

draper
09-05-06, 01:54 PM
hmmmm maybe if its insured let the ****ers take it away and claim on it maybe ull get more than what u paid for it

no wonder nova insurance is a killer !!!

valverguy
09-05-06, 01:58 PM
i say u and a few mates sit behind a bush and wait for em to come back then samash there faces in take your keys back and then you dont have to do anything aboutnyour locks!

walton_lad
09-05-06, 02:13 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jack
09-05-06, 04:30 PM
Phone your insurance company to find out where you stand if they come back for it?
This can be a tricky one - some insurance companies may refuse to pay out as they had the keys. I've heard of situations before where burglars have broken into a house, picked up the keys for the car in the drive, and stolen said car - the insurance company then refuses to pay out for some reason or another.

Unless you have an agreed valuation this probably isn't wise lol

nova~norm
09-05-06, 06:58 PM
i agree with valverguy lol

orange_andy
09-05-06, 10:34 PM
they cant refuse that, i work as an insurance claims advisor and doesnt matter what the ts and cs of diff insurance from car to home ect, if someone broke the law to break in ur house then pick ur keys up and steal your car, then you are covered under car insurance simple if someone isnt otherwise then they would make alota money by just threatening to go to court and legal routes lol

rednova
09-05-06, 11:06 PM
just out of curiosity whereabouts do you work for someone to know where your keys will be and where to look? seems like they know you if they knew where youre keys will be and what car

Phil

Donova
09-05-06, 11:50 PM
Yeah, who would rob a workmate:roll: bastids!!

scottishstu
10-05-06, 12:30 AM
thanks for all the advise guys , totally pissed to tell the truth , my keys were in my jkt in the office , my car is kept at the back of the store , had me shop keys on it too ! causing all sorts of problems for me looks like i might be getting a warning!!!! for not having my keys as they had to change the shop locks , the area man doesnt think they were in the shop and that i dropped them in the lane ! bull**** ! as went in to shop at 7am and descoverd they were missing at 730pm went out to car and was ok , went back into shop to look further and at 810 went back to car and car had been opened with the key and cd etc away and clock had stoped at 8.07 when they must have yanked wires out !! no way want to claim insurance ! its my baby lol