PDA

View Full Version : C20let help

Jeff16v
08-05-06, 08:28 PM
Chaps, i have just managed to get a C20let engine without gearbox, i need your advice about the F20 gearbox.

Will it go straight on?
what engine\gearbox mount set do i need
will my Nova gsi linkage fit on it?
Courtenays want ?500 for the shafts and motorsport hubs, whats the alternative?

I desparate to get the bits and the car finally on the road.

Thanks for you help

Jeff

Philsutton
08-05-06, 08:35 PM
yes it will fit straight on, you may as well swap flywheels to the none pot type one an clutch as its excess weight. Fitting a c20let with F20 is exactly as fitting the xe same mounts ect... its only when you fit the F28 you need to use a different mount an linkage.

pul16v
08-05-06, 08:38 PM
an f20 should go on but from memory you need a turbo flywheel( dished one ) turbo pressure plate and xe clutch plate ( due to inputshaft being difernt to turbo box) which all bolts together and fits in an f20 a friend tried it useing just an xe clutch on a turbo but it kept frying it thus he switched to what ive described above all is good now and its runing eds 3.5

pul16v

Philsutton
08-05-06, 08:58 PM
im using the xe flywheel (flat type) with turbo pressure plate an xe clutch plate i think. Been fine apart from when i went on track but i still didnt get any slippage

pul16v
08-05-06, 09:06 PM
are you sure because the turbo clutches ive come across have allways need the dished flywheel to bolt to as it left around an inch gap around the pressureplate edge when placed on top off a flat type flywheel
did they produce a turbo clutch which went onto a flat type flywheel

pul16v

Jeff16v
09-05-06, 05:28 PM
are you sure because the turbo clutches ive come across have allways need the dished flywheel to bolt to as it left around an inch gap around the pressureplate edge when placed on top off a flat type flywheel
did they produce a turbo clutch which went onto a flat type flywheel

pul16v
now i'm confused, the problem i have is that the engine and box i'm getting is a C20let with an f16 box, using Nova shafts. The guy reckons that at 80mph on the motorway the box screams, so i thought i'd fit the F20. I know the shafts will fit because they have the 2.0L cav inners, i'll have to buy a new clutch, but i don't fancy buying both a C20XE abd c20let, so i can mix and match. Is that what i will have to do?

pul16v
09-05-06, 06:08 PM
it depends on what flywheel you have on the engine your buying but to use a turbo clutch and an f20 u need an xe clutch plate let flywheel and let pressure plate as the pressure plate wont bolt to an xe one just done all this on my engine as i used a turboclutch to take the power see my thread

pul16v

Jeff16v
10-05-06, 01:34 PM
All i know at the moment is that its a late engine. I see what turns up when. Thanks for your help.