PDA

View Full Version : M-Tech Lifetime Warranty ! Waste Of Time

Steve Barker
08-05-06, 10:04 AM

RJM25R
08-05-06, 12:11 PM
Nice to know the quality of the kit you pay for....

Austin_Nova16
08-05-06, 12:23 PM
My mate snapped both of his in one go with a standard valver (but with quaife ATB). They looked very much like yours.
I like the GTE shaft approach myself (for XE's anyway).

kevo16v
08-05-06, 12:34 PM
I had the same problem buddy, The longer shaft snapped in what looks like the same place as yours ( i was told they were indestructable when i brought them) . Couldnt even get hold of M-tec when i tried, even got hold of silly bollox's home phone number from PVD left a few untasteful messages on his answer phone. Gave up in the end and brought some courtnay ones.
:wall:

Rick Draper
08-05-06, 01:36 PM
There was a lad saying how **** the mtech shafts were on the german forums.

_Ben_
08-05-06, 02:12 PM
You should point out to them that the fact "PVD are no longer existing" is irrelevent since the warranty is with MTech. Are the Mann Transmission single diameter shafts no longer available?

I would opt for small claims court because quite frankly MTech are taking the piss.

Ben.

barkeybooster
08-05-06, 02:23 PM
i mailed m-tech with the link to this tread.
He replied me the following:

Hallo,

Wij geven levenslang garantie op onze assen, mits ze hier gekocht zijn.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Mit freundliche grussen,
With kind regards,

Patrick Mathijssen
MTech Vauxhall and Opel Tuning
Tel. 0031(0)626/350140
www.opel-tuning.nl (http://www.opel-tuning.nl/)
With other words, they give a lifetime warranty only when you buy them at m-tec . . . In Holland http://www.bennobark.nl/phpBB2/images/smiles/frusty.gif

_Ben_
08-05-06, 03:12 PM
So, are the goods they sell to mainland Europe any different to that sold to UK residence? I dont think so...

Robbing *******s, definitely worth never buying a single thing from them again (for those of you reading this thread contemplating it).

barkeybooster
08-05-06, 04:27 PM
Good for you! i hope that the new one stays in one piece. :thumb:

Lee
08-05-06, 04:46 PM
lol, they obviously saw another cossvaux style slating session waiting to happen and thought it best to co operate!

The internet rules! lol

craig green
08-05-06, 04:51 PM
haha.

Semi result. Just gotta send a great lump of metal to Holland. A photo should suffice IMO.

I bet its far from the 1st one to break (as posts) & I know for a fact that the hubs fail regularly & even in those instances LMF usually reply with a surprised tone of voice '' thats never happened before, ooh thats unusual'' etc.

Mtec shafts are shoite then! Its official...

CG

draper
08-05-06, 05:13 PM
are these the ones that have now appeared on ebay for ?200 for the kit??
dont think ill bother then if there poo !
is it best to go straight to courteny then ??

Lee
08-05-06, 08:12 PM
is it best to go straight to courteny then ??

Always!

SGA33
08-05-06, 08:20 PM
I got my shafts from martyn tinker and they have been brilliant no trouble at all. He used to run a 280bhp nova in rallycross so he knows how strong they should be.

Tim
09-05-06, 07:04 PM
is it worth spending all this money on expensive shafts then ??? when theres plenty of dying gtes around with shafts selling for peanuts??

i priced up some from my local breakers:

?40 for GTE shafts
and
?45 for the mkii cav inners (brand new)

surely if they break then just buy some more gte 1s:confused:

Stuart
09-05-06, 07:28 PM
no real need for the expensive shafts...... lee is getting away with STD shafts.
Lots of people are.
And if your that worried, get a pair of astra shafts and have them machined down and splines extended by a driveshaft maker...

RJM25R
09-05-06, 07:52 PM
Just use GTE shafts, when they break, use MORE gte ones!

Steve Barker
09-05-06, 08:26 PM
I have tried emailing using the link on contact page but no response

Please can a moderator/admin remove this topic for now !

Thanks Steve

j1400
09-05-06, 11:14 PM
Defo keep a copy of the invoice, maybe ask for a invoice from them in case you have ot claim again.