PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring records

dannyb
08-05-06, 12:37 AM
The Nurburg fastest lap records are always coming up, but does anyone know the fastest lap for a Nova round the 'ring?? I'd like to know what times people here have got before. And what is quicker round the Nurburgring, car or bike?

g3dd35
08-05-06, 12:39 AM
watch them during the day and time them lol
http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg

dannyb
08-05-06, 05:31 PM
I'll take a stopwatch next time I'm in the Fatherland!

karl Rowntree
08-05-06, 07:27 PM
Fastest brit nova i Know of timed at the ring was Jon boy, he did a 8.55?? I believe in a near standard valver last year. Followed by Lee Hersey in his 1.6 16v, i believe it was 9.06. Then followed by Mark Beeson in is valver Turbo, unsure what time he did though.

Last weekend i did a 9.18 in my valver nova, my best yet! I think ( hope ) i will be breaking into the 8's by the end of the year. Last weekend was the first time i timed a lap in 7 months, not going to time until july now as its a nice surprise to see how you have progessed over time reather than chasing times every trip;)

Karl

BRoadGhost
08-05-06, 10:45 PM
It's all gone sh1te since they moved the start finish line.

& how crap is no filming?

karl Rowntree
08-05-06, 11:23 PM
? to first comment

And film if you wish many people do, but just dont get seen filming.

BRoadGhost
09-05-06, 11:00 AM
Back in the day, where the start finish is now, used to be one long straight.

Too many unskilled chancers were loosing control at the blind bend over crest below the bridge.

If you knew what you were doing, it could be taken at any speed: 130 - 150 - 180 - 200 +

Those days are gone.

Mark T
09-05-06, 11:27 AM
Back in the day, where the start finish is now, used to be one long straight.

Too many unskilled chancers were loosing control at the blind bend over crest below the bridge.

If you knew what you were doing, it could be taken at any speed: 130 - 150 - 180 - 200 +

Those days are gone.

Where did you get on then?

krobinson
09-05-06, 08:27 PM
My best this time was 9 mins 43/45. Which was pretty quick concidering i run a full interior and the smallest engine from anyone on our trips.

Infact i dont think i saw another car at the ring under 1600cc! Anyone else see one?

Keith

Jonlem
09-05-06, 09:33 PM
My Average laps were low 9's, I got the 8 55 later near enough last lap I done I think, I didn't hit much traffic either

I know if I went back I could improve on that and tbh I expect plenty of other people will too, would like a passenger ride in Lees 1.6, should be awesome round there

BRoadGhost
09-05-06, 11:36 PM
Where the race circuit meets the track.

Chris
09-05-06, 11:53 PM
I managed to do a 9.29 BTG in a fairly light nova with a standard 1.6 engine in. Like Karl said dont go there just to time laps, it will end in tears. I haven't gone out on a lap with a stopwatch for this reason, only times I have got is from video's and I think that is the best way.

After saying all that, I am hoping to get into the late 8's in july though lol

Chris

Jonlem
10-05-06, 11:22 PM
Totally agree with the timing thing, its good to see how fast you are going round, but tbh it will make you push hard and as well as you may think you know your own car, you will NOT know every bump and gradient on the circuit.

I had a few moments when pushing really hard and the small amount of tuition I had went a bloody long way

god bless Sherbert or whatever his name was

Mark T
11-05-06, 10:38 AM
Know the feeling, especially when your tyres are starting to go off towards the end of the lap and your brakes aren't playing ball! I've had one or two 'this is going to get expensive' moments! lol

Chris
11-05-06, 12:04 PM
Jonboy,

Herbert or Helmut was it?

Chris

krobinson
11-05-06, 06:08 PM
Apart from the various swear words we called him, i think his name was herbert.

Keith

Chris
11-05-06, 08:17 PM
Lmao!!