PDA

View Full Version : Sr

hayzbluesr
27-05-02, 11:12 AM
hi,ive got a sr,and after a bit of a bump with the garage door(girlfriend with L plates on),the grey bumper been chipped and its gone to the yellow stuff,anybody know of n e way to make the grey stuff return?for example is there something you can buy from halfords to sort it?
thxs ian

nova_nick
27-05-02, 11:23 AM
My mate had this stuff from Halfords. Exterior term paint, i dunno if it would help or even if they have it in grey! May be worth a trip to halfords to ave a look mate!

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

mr_b
27-05-02, 12:15 PM
halfords do a bumper repair kit for deep scratches and chips its about 20 something pounds.

ade
27-05-02, 08:22 PM
use the opportunity to colour code bumpers!
(unless grey stuff is the colour of yer car :-/)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

hayzbluesr
27-05-02, 10:49 PM
sadly the girlfriend like grey bumpers,and i aint loseing her for a lump of metal.she last longer than n e car,so if u want to LISTERN the question ade,i would like any help in returning them back to GREY.but thxs the other 2 bits of advice r great thxs.

dave.gsi
29-05-02, 10:00 AM
oooh bitchy!! :D

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk

hayzbluesr
29-05-02, 12:05 PM
nah i aint b***hy m8,but i wanted to know how to restore em not change there colour

ade
29-05-02, 02:01 PM
no nayzbluesr your being a Bitch! X-( You asked for advice and did not mention you were not open to other options! I merely suggested one possible solution to yer problem - I did READ your post and from what u described it sounds like your bumpers have been painted - the yellow stuff will be the previous owners attempt at using primer filler in an attempt to remove the rough look of the original grey bumers! they then probably just sprayed grey primer over the top of it (or you have grey bumper paint on it). Your lass bumping the car has just removed the top primer paint (or bumper paint) leaving the primer filler exposed - the yellow bit. If its not been painted fuck knows what youve got on them!
As for fixing - halfords, bumper repair kit, apply, level and sand smooth, then sand about 6 inches around and damage to feather so that you can then apply more primer filler (if necessary), prime the area and paint to match the colour your grey bumpers are in! thats if they have been painted to start with (your post wasnt very clear! Grey stuff could be anything)
You will notice that most people take posts as an opportunity to get advice - dont stick yer nose up at possible other solutions offered - they may not have been considered or could be better than just fixing the original problem! Being bitchy will get you nowhere and discourage people wanting to help you!

Have fun fixing yer bumper ;)
Ade

hayzbluesr
29-05-02, 04:34 PM
ade thanks you explained whta i needed to do.so thank you

ade
29-05-02, 06:45 PM
nae botha - ne time! ;)

Rich Dale
31-05-02, 09:02 PM
Um.....GTE bumpers are yellow under the paint (on white ones anyway).....I've got a small graze on the front near-side corner (one of the previous owners creations lol) where the paint and primer has been taken down to the plastic and it's yellow.

That might explain it.....maybe?
Special plastic to make it easier to paint so might have got GTE bumpers on it?

Just a thought.

hayzbluesr
31-05-02, 10:46 PM
nah they SR bumpers,i apear to have sumthing odd ere dont i.that yellow plastic explains thing tho,thanks bruv