PDA

View Full Version : Rear seats (remove them???)

nova-gurl
28-05-02, 10:20 PM
IS it better to remove rear seats-especially as i cant afford to re-cover them all in nicer fabric-or is it just better to leave them? i no if u hav to take them out u hav to cover it up wiv mdf and carpet it-is it worth the hastle?

dafydd
28-05-02, 10:33 PM
well if u got sr seats they look nice on but if your going the weight loosing road take em out. i did it temporarally when my car was being sprayed and it made a slight difference not much.

gez
28-05-02, 11:44 PM
take em out and add a few more subs, well at least thats what im intending on doing soon;)

ade
29-05-02, 02:07 PM
wots up with the seats? retrimming them yourself is straight fwd and not that expensive (back ones are not as hard as fronts) - if thats not an option wot about a new interior? I've just picked up an SR interior for ?60 from an old B reg - minted.
If u r intending adding subs etc then take em out but you'll be down to a 2 seater - no room to cruise with yer mates!
Difficult choice - depends on your intentions for the car... :-/

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

Rich Dale
31-05-02, 09:17 PM
I got a decent 86-spec SR interior for ?15 once (the grey "Plaid" type) which I had in my first Nova.

I later got a mint 88-spec SR interior (grey "Ronda" type) for ?25.

So there you go......dead cheep to get a nice decent interior.

My mate Andy got an "ok" GSi interior for ?40! (little wear on driver's bolster)

Spacemonkey
19-06-02, 02:25 PM
Could any1 post links to any companys that sells fabric to recoever car seats

Ta

mattj
19-06-02, 10:16 PM
When I get my Project Nova - I'll be ripping out the rear seats and all the trim, and putting in a lightweight false floor. ALong with a pair of Cobra seats :D

ade
20-06-02, 12:25 AM
Spacemonkey - ref material for seats any decent fabric outlet (warehouse) will do decent material - needs to be pretty hard wearing - I've just picked up enuff to retrim me car, roof, seats pillars, door cards the lot in a suede/neubuk like material (called nappa) and a type of velour for only ?55. Use the original (or old second hand from scrappy) seats as a template. Once I retrim mine I'll post an article giving details...

I used one in Glasgow (where I live!) called remnant kings and also material world. You can get special upholsterers shops but be prepared for possible increase in costs...

Ade

Ste_Nova
20-06-02, 09:09 AM
Though the rear seats are part of the rear support,

how?? the sr etc had a SPLIT rear seat