PDA

View Full Version : Which one lads..?

Anonymous
02-10-00, 03:40 PM
I want to roll or grind the arches of my nova to accomodate 15" alloys when the cars lowered 60mm. Which is better? rolling or grinding? i know i could grind the arches myself, then put that thick sealer on to stop them from rusting, but does this weaken the car? (i know not to go past the spot welds) on the other hand...if i pay a body shop to roll my arches, how much will it cost? and whats the problems with the paint craking or water collecting in the rolled lip under the arch?

If any one could give me some advice on rolling or grinding the arches, along with a rough estimate of the cost, or of the work involved (if i need to do it myself)

cheers lads

Happy Motoring

Ged

Anonymous
02-10-00, 04:21 PM
Hi, Ged my car should be in the feature list tonight! so check it out and tell me what you think. About your arches, mine cost me ?40 for both sides to be grinded and if you look on my car you'll see on my car no rust!!! I recommend the grinding! but get it done by a body shop. Good luck.

Anonymous
02-10-00, 07:04 PM
grindings easy (on the job and on the wallet) but foldings stronger (in a back end crash) but costs more to get the rear quarters painted.

its up 2 you really