PDA

View Full Version : clunk!

jamie gsi16v
06-05-06, 01:17 AM
whats the clunking noise coming from the front of my car at very very low speeds when manouvering etc..... eg. wheels on one lock, then change to opposit lock whilst reversing etc CLUNCK! same setting off going forward? everything that can be poly bushed IS.:confused:

projectcoshanova
06-05-06, 06:20 AM
im not a mechanic mate but i can tell u straight away thats either your nuts are too tight on the rod ends too your wheels or your steerin column is touchin or clunkin against the metal where the steering column goes in then comes out inside the engine bay ive got the problem with mine but gettin rid so not bothered lmao good luck

jamie gsi16v
06-05-06, 08:55 AM
you sure, im a very competant mechanic but that does not sound right at all?

nova~norm
06-05-06, 10:18 AM
try a track rod end or mabie wehhl bearing or cv or sumin mate

General Baxter
06-05-06, 10:37 AM
my 2L nova did that, found nothing wrong, took it to 5 diff garages they found nothing wrong, just one of the little strange things on engine conversions lol

Geth
06-05-06, 11:32 AM
Mine did exactly the same thing. I tried loads of things but it turned out to be the pinch bolt that connects the steering column to the rack. It was done up pretty damn tied already but when I got a spanner on it and turned it very slightly, about 0.5 degrees probably, the problem went away.

I'm not saying that is definatly your problem but sometimes the simplest solutions get overlooked.

bump
06-05-06, 02:09 PM
I had that after I had my tracking done, thought to myself bol***ks cv's gone. I had to change my pads anyway so thought i'd get that done first, took off the drivers side wheel and found some mole grips still on the track rod :eek: Oh well got a freebie off a moron mechanic lol

Adam
06-05-06, 03:03 PM
Do you feel the clunk through the steering wheel?
Or just hear it?

jamie gsi16v
07-05-06, 01:18 AM
kinda just hear it?