PDA

View Full Version : Help, Help with my engine

MyNovaSr
05-05-06, 10:23 PM
HELP, IM SO STUCK TRYING TO WIRE THIS ENGINE IN... :confused:

It is the 1.8 carb model. The original loom doesn?t have any kind of ECU or any thing with the old engine being a 1.3 carb.

The new one on the other hand does have a small box

What I want/need to know off someone who knows what they are talking about is could I use the existing loom with the new engine being a carb model..

I have a main red coming off the batt that connects to the engine somewhere (WHERE?)

The switched live....Where does this go?

Also the old engine had a dizzy cap, the new one has a dizzy cap from what I can see its just red and smaller. What?s the difference???? 13.gif

As far as I am aware the "black box" is for the electronic ignition...Is the essential?

Your help would really be appreciated... If I know what goes where I can do it otherwise I?m stuck.

Last thing, with it being a carb model what does it need in place to get it started?:confused:

mowgli
06-05-06, 09:00 PM
the main red should go to the starter, with a link to the alternator
the red dizzy is just a different make, bosch instead of delco.
The 'box' is a mystery, what model/year car is it from???
the switched live should go to the coil, but you have to make sure to find out if you need a ballast resistor fitting, along with the correct coil for the donor, as some ignition systems work on a reduced voltage (6v) with an extra link from the starter to boost it on starting.
I'm afraid you may have to spend some time in the haynes book.

MyNovaSr
07-05-06, 11:05 AM
The Cav in which I got the engine from was a G plate so I think thats around 1989/1990.:wtf:

It was just a Cav 1.8 L...