PDA

View Full Version : Got a 'clear' question!

5h4un
20-05-02, 10:02 AM
i've just some clear clusters for me sr, and it sez inside the cluster that there not road legal!?,is this true?,coz got me MOT nxt week, i cant see it bein a problem but....:-/

blondie
20-05-02, 10:51 AM
they aint legal as they have no fog light but if you add one in the bumper then thats fine. Get one from a peugeot 306 or something.

sepatown my daimeys!!

Breeny
20-05-02, 11:59 AM
It does have a fog light but doesnt show up properly.

Mine passed through the MOT with the fog light painted with special red bulb paint.

Use a "mod friendly" MOT tester ;)

v1nce
20-05-02, 12:03 PM
nope ure wrong the modern clear rears have a red fog light and if not just paint the bulb red

its the fact they have clear/silver refectors and they need 2 b red on the rear 4 road use! simple way round this is... red lens repair tape!!! fit it 4 the mot and keep some in the car, get pulled by the fuzz u can blag it then and say it must have fell off :D

5h4un
20-05-02, 02:08 PM
cheers, thought it would b sound,havent actually tried out the fog light yet, but the brake light visbility is just as good as a normal cluster so....

I think sumfins up as i havent been pulled by the fuzz in bout 2 weeks now, im gettin worried! :o

big_steve_x
20-05-02, 08:30 PM
v1nce where can i get reflector repair tape???, i need some for my MOT next week aswell, lol

Freak
21-05-02, 12:39 PM
I had the clears on for 50k (2 years) and never got pulled, and passed mot three times.

Got puleld last week and given pink slip for no red reflector and no e mark.
They being petty c*nts again.
Red lens repair tape wont be sufficient for MOT i dont think.

Just have two red reflectors in your rear window (under the spoiler) or risk getting pulled and fined.
Or have them conveniently fall off ;)

:)

kpharrop
21-05-02, 10:07 PM
theres two types an e-marked one and a non e-marked depends on which one you've got

"Kwicksave at night, cruisers delight"

Freak
22-05-02, 04:52 PM
BOLLOX

After getting hassled i swapped my non emarked pair with my m8s e marked pair.

Only differences:

The inside of the fog lamp hole is red so you dont need to paint the bulb red

And the e mark.

Other than thatthey are identical

Reflectors are white on both of them, so should technically be used with two red reflectors positioned symetrically on the bacl of the car in order to make them legal

I dont know of anyone who has failed and MOT for having them- ( and i know a lot of people who have 'non e marked' ones.)

v1nce
22-05-02, 06:32 PM
refector tape from halfords chaps...

dave.gsi
23-05-02, 01:16 PM
mine got through the mot no probs, they say 'not road legal' on the inside but as said b4 i just painted the bulb red, never been pulled

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk

Rich Dale
26-05-02, 11:04 PM
v1nce.....do you think this red tape could be used on the reverse light to blend it in to standard lenses? (make it match with the other side in other words)
Might be worth a try.

millsey
31-05-02, 12:05 PM
Whats an e-mark?
just bought some clear clusters 2 weeks ago