PDA

View Full Version : digi dash problem

Ash
05-05-06, 12:24 PM
hi

i've have my digi dash in for about 1 -1.5 years and now when the revs reach 4k the rev counter gos mental bouncing up and down between 4k - 7k, well strange. ne one else had this? also does neone find that the odemeter keeps sticking? the speedo works find, but almost every trip i need to keep pressing the reset button untill it works... probably time to get a new dash. lol

ash

NovalutionGSi
05-05-06, 02:13 PM
the only time i've even managed to do that was with the engine off and playing a cd...... with Extra bass! i thought it was something to do with the battery getting low. but maybe not then, have you checked all your earths etc as i'm sure the Rev counter works off the Coil (well i think this is true on SRs)

Ash
05-05-06, 11:38 PM
yep first think i checked, i ran the wire for it orginally and replaced the coil resently, its happen since i fitted the bumpers and exhaust - ah i did disconnect the negitive off the battery at one point, but if thats dun it how do i reset it then?

ash

Spudly
06-05-06, 10:29 AM
i had a similar problem when i first fitted my digi-dash in me 1.2 iirc it was coil feed try changin the wire or doubling it from the coil output, (i ran my own wire in as the 1.2 luxe dont have a rev counter as standard n mine didnt have the higher spec wirin loom) it used to bounce all over the place whilst driving so i canhged the wire for a thicker one and gave her a new coil and this rectified the problem, hope this helps in some way!!!

Ash
07-05-06, 01:33 AM
cheers i'll try that out, but i wire has been there for years, and as i sed the coil was replaced recently, it couldnt of gone all ready could it?

Ash

Spudly
07-05-06, 03:23 AM
Could be the wire startin to go as novas aint got the worlds finest wiring at the best of times lol, not sure on the coil i think they earth through the bolts to the inner wing dont they or is that jus hearsay?
If it does check how its mounted, other than that i cant really think of anything else to suggest!!!