PDA

View Full Version : nova gte idle and mixture

chimp007_uk
04-05-06, 06:58 PM
hi,
i know where the idle adjustment screw is on the tb, and the mixture screw on the air mass meter, but does anyone know which way to adjust them? had the car tuned last week, but lidle's rough and choke's itself when you put your foot down hard. had it all timed up... anyone know what i can do to solve the problem. its not running an induction kit, but it does have the k&n filter inside the air box.

cheers
chris

craig green
05-05-06, 12:02 PM
Need to get CO checked at a garage. The idle is done anti clockwise on tb to raise revs.

Make sure theres no holes in induction tract.

novaste
08-05-06, 12:42 PM
hi,
i know where the idle adjustment screw is on the tb, and the mixture screw on the air mass meter, but does anyone know which way to adjust them? had the car tuned last week, but lidle's rough and choke's itself when you put your foot down hard. had it all timed up... anyone know what i can do to solve the problem. its not running an induction kit, but it does have the k&n filter inside the air box.

cheers
chris

Im not sure on your question mate but i just wanted to know how much you paid for timing setup, was it rolling roaded too? Did it make your car any quicker. Im thinkin myself to got to a rollin road session with about 100quid and see what they can do is it worth?. Cheers

LURCHIO_NOVA
11-05-06, 10:20 AM
hi i paid about ?60-70 to have my car rolling roaded my car only made about 10bhp from a full exhaust and a bolt on air filter but the engine wasn't in the best condition. it was a 1.4SR. when i went down my mate who also had a 1.4SR hads his dont and because the timing was out three teeth and the vacum had gone he was only running something like 42 bhp at the wheels and after having that sorted he left with 83bhp at the wheels. hope this helps u dicide if u r gonna go or not

mike

Stuart
11-05-06, 10:51 AM
in all honesty there is very little that can be setup for non idle gains on a GTE/GSI/SRI engine due to the engine management ;)

craig green
11-05-06, 11:17 AM
I'd get the CO set up then play with the idle screw to how you like it. I find if its set too high you dont feel engine breaking like you do when the idle is a bit lower.

Thats how I tinker with mine (idle screw) anyway.

CG