PDA

View Full Version : when should i give up?

valverguy
03-05-06, 10:54 PM
Basicly when should i give up on a nova shell?

needs a new door due to rust rear arches due to rust (no holes just surface rust) Underneath the side skirts is a bit of a mess. The slam panel is rusted over mostly (again no holes but rather bad surface rust etc) front vallance has rust (also surface rust).. and 2 nice 3x3 inch holes in my boot floor.

I mean im up for a challenge but this looks like it could be difficult to shake the rust bug of this car? How much am i looking at to stick this in a shop or somebody in the know how to sort it out?

Should i just find a better shell and stick everything of my sri onto including the engine?

Maybe somebody could point me in the right direction for some help as its gettin me down everytime i undo a part of exterior i see more rust:(

Adam
04-05-06, 12:14 AM
Anything is fixable.
Quite cheaply if you can DIY.

Paying someone else tho, could be faced with a huge bill.

~~joycey~~
04-05-06, 12:39 AM
lol if its like that, wait til he takes the back bumper off :roll:

valverguy
04-05-06, 12:55 AM
your ****ting me:( i assume its gonna be full of rust, or air were there used to be metal??

Im sure i could do alot of the prep work my self but i havent got the equipment nor the space to do it!

Stuart
04-05-06, 08:38 AM
if youve got the gear to ahve a go then DO. but if youve nto really got the stuff then id go hunting a good shell down and do a reshell job..

Gunzi
04-05-06, 09:11 AM
2nd motion for a reshell.

Its not worth the effort patching the car up, as you'll have to do this every year as the rust kreeps back in.

valverguy
04-05-06, 10:08 AM
so a new shell it is then. i assume i can get any nova shell so long as its mint and transfer everything over? or possibly a corsa as most things fit that?

Gunzi
04-05-06, 11:34 AM
straiight swap for a nova. If you get a non GTE/GSi / SRi then you'll have the lighter/less rigid shell, which will make the car marginally "faster"

Corsa, brakes and engine I'm certain will fit but I don't think the suspension will. The C14SE engine was put in the early Corsa SRi's Depending on model, Corsas are generally heavier than novas.

craig green
04-05-06, 01:38 PM
Boot floor sounds like the main worry.

Plenty of good cheap, late model Novas for sale at good prices if you ask me. Re-shell or restart the project.

CG

~~joycey~~
04-05-06, 02:08 PM
well thats wot mines like under the bumper and im still bothering?

http://www.piczo.com/quay-cruisers?g=10533896&cr=2

~~joycey~~
04-05-06, 02:19 PM
http://pic.piczo.com/img/i124651188_44846_2.jpg