PDA

View Full Version : Wheel offset

SuperNova!
03-05-06, 09:03 AM
Alright guys just wondering:

I took my wheels off last week to sand my calipers down ready for painting and I decided to have a look at my offset because I had never looked before but they never rub with 185 55 14 and a 60mm drop.

Well the offset was et38 :eek: , I am sure I read somwhere that novas best offset is et49? So what is the wrong offset soing to my car?

Cheers
Dave

craig green
03-05-06, 09:53 AM
Its not causing you any issues because you have 14" wheels & tyres with 185 width which isnt exactly wide (on a Nova). If they were 15" with 195 tyres I'd bet on clearance issues.

if they arent rubbing there is no cause for concern, however some might argue that with et49 the handling could be more precise. Immeasurable I'd say, 14"s are good on Novas IMHO.:thumb:

SuperNova!
03-05-06, 11:29 AM
Yeah I like the 14s I dont think and bigger are much good on a nova because they put to much strain on the car, I have drove a few of my mates novas on 16s and 15s and tbh I found them to drive like crap and tramline everywhere,

Where as larger wheels do look better, I wouldnt sacrifice handling and better acceleration for better looks!! :D

Ill stick with these then until I get some new ones.

Cheers

Jack
03-05-06, 05:28 PM
Yeah I like the 14s I dont think and bigger are much good on a nova because they put to much strain on the car
Debatable; in certain circumstances a 15" wheel will prove better for handling, acceleration etc over a 14" wheel. Depends on the wheel though...

I had 15" et38 on mine, 195/45/15 tyres, and lowered 60 front and 50 rear. Didn't have any major arch clearance issues but the Spax dampers were wound up as tight as they'd go lol