PDA

View Full Version : what next?

craigf
02-05-06, 05:15 PM
hi, i havent been on in a while and was jus wonderin, whats your opinions on my next step...i work for vauxhall and this is my second car so i have plenty time to spend, i was thinking LET? i have done a couple of 2l 8v conversions, a 2ltr 8v Turbo and an c20xe in my other novas and wondered if some of you LET drivers would recommend!! cheers

some pics...the shopping lists have gone from the doors by the way!

the engine is currently out and im on the hunt for an engine this week, then im going to town with the rebuild! WHAT ENGINE DO I GET? :tard:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/craigfarquhar/nova1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/craigfarquhar/Pinkthng2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/craigfarquhar/nova2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/craigfarquhar/nova3.jpg

Jack
02-05-06, 05:18 PM
1.6 Turbo :D

craigf
02-05-06, 05:22 PM
i like your thinking there chief??? i like to be different,8 or 16v? ive converted a 1.6 corsa sport to turbo before,not too much hastle but gets expensive for what it is, i have seen a white 1.6 turbo(gsi) on ebat before, reallly really nice!anybdy on here?

hmm uv really got me thinking NOW!

Ash
02-05-06, 05:26 PM
if u want to be really differant make the first (maybe) 1.6 supercharged nova, mmmmmm - and then sell the engine to me really cheap, lol

Ash

Jack
02-05-06, 05:27 PM
i like your thinking there chief??? i like to be different!
Thats what I'm thinking - LETs and XE's have been done, even tuned NA 1.6's... V6 is a bit pointless compared to the effort and gains involved with a XE/LET. Supercharger could be amusing, but expensive I should think...

craigf
02-05-06, 05:30 PM
i know of 2 supercharged corsa sports (1.6) near me but never seen one in a nova, could be interestin huh?

cheers for this guys, im awfly keen on the 1.6 idea, i have a 16xe in the garage aswell...should i?

craigf
02-05-06, 05:40 PM
ill cope withe the expense lol, imm sellin my 54'plate ibiza cupra as iv jus bought a house,should see 8.5k for it so ill have to share the birds astra gsi turbo till the novas on the road!!!! lol lol lol

Jack
02-05-06, 05:43 PM
i know of 2 supercharged corsa sports (1.6) near me but never seen one in a nova, could be interestin huh?

cheers for this guys, im awfly keen on the 1.6 idea, i have a 16xe in the garage aswell...should i?
Go for it :thumb:

How does the SC cope with the 1.6 in the Corsas? I was under the impression SCs aren't too good on smaller engines as they tend to sap too much power?

craigf
02-05-06, 05:46 PM
true....you have to sorta sacrifice a bit of power in order to spin the f**kers up to the see a gain in overall power!! theyre good in the way that its power all throughout the rev range yi know, either way, shes gonna be nippy, handle like its on traintracks and be sorta origional so it sounds kinda cool! im WAAAY overexited jus now lol!!!!

craigf
02-05-06, 05:54 PM
with a rotrax supercharger and mantzel tuning box appx 170 bhp is expected...( according to the spec of one near me ), thats also set up with a uni-chip so thats a no-bad power output really?? considering if i do it, im gonna upgrade everything possible as there aint much point in doin it half heartedly!

craigf
02-05-06, 05:54 PM
with a rotrax supercharger and mantzel tuning box appx 170 bhp is expected...( according to the spec of one near me ), thats also set up with a uni-chip so thats a no-bad power output really?? considering if i do it, im gonna upgrade everything possible as there aint much point in doin it half heartedly!

craigf
04-06-06, 05:11 PM
FINALLY..........it has arrived

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/craigfarquhar/supercharger_cutout.jpg

hoping to have it running this month, mountin it has proved to be a c**t but its done now, alot of tidying up as i opted for jus buying the charger instead of a kit..ill get pics asap.. should be fun

Adam Moran
04-06-06, 07:54 PM
Sounds interesting....

Cheeze
04-06-06, 10:18 PM
i will be converting my 1.6 gsi to a turbo soon. got some info on it, but unsure on what way im gonna go with management.
Where in Aberdeen you from? never seen that car about before mate

Ash
04-06-06, 10:45 PM
wow! ur really doing it! cant wait to see this. wicked. thats not bad power, spect it will be quite torque aswell. thought it would be a bit more - look at the new minis. keep us updated.

Ash

andymac
05-06-06, 01:58 PM
i know the boy who has that car now its getting reshelled as it was rotton engine mount dropped off

craigf
05-06-06, 04:38 PM
i know the boy who has that car now its getting reshelled as it was rotton engine mount dropped off

aye rotton wasnt the word when i was finished with pink one, the chassis leg more or less snapped causing the driveshaft to pop out, ripped the tyre to shreds and bent the wing etc etc.....

i bought a rolling shell after i sold that one on and have been collecting bits n bobs since then, im still sticking with the basic gsi kit and speedlines, except the shell i bought has been de-handled, flush boot and flush wings...nicely painted in sapphire black but its jus been gathering dust for the past few months.....i have my wheels, wildwood 4-pots, coilovers, cream leather interior and doorcards, 1/2 vectra dash (long story)..the list goes on, got a 2 year driving bann on wednesday so i have plenty time to play with now!:thumb: