PDA

View Full Version : Back On The Road

MARTIN KELSON
02-05-06, 09:45 AM
Hi everybody

The weekend saw the return of the Nova after its winter break. Hadn't driven it since September last year so was looking forward to a blast at weekend just to remind me how noisey the straight cut box and carbs are!!

Me and a mate with his Integra type R took a drive to the cat & fiddle near Macclesfield which is a well known biker road. To say its twisty is a understatement, but whot fun!! Thank god for the power steering and diff to sort everything out!

Did a total of 150 miles in it and blew ?35 of fuel !

Cheers

Mart

craig green
02-05-06, 09:49 AM
Nice one!

Carbs are economical then?

CG

MARTIN KELSON
02-05-06, 11:36 AM
Oops this should be in general.
Can it be moved? If so how do i do it?

I reacon i was doing about 20mpg!! Thats more than normal!

Adam
02-05-06, 01:27 PM
20mpg sounds pretty good :)

Sounds like you had fun :)

andybishop
02-05-06, 02:45 PM
Nice one Martin, sounds like its going well. I also went for a run out on the Cat and Fiddle road on Saturday in my brothers MR2. It is an amazing road, done it quite a few times over the years as i live quite close to it.

MARTIN KELSON
02-05-06, 03:51 PM
Hi Andy,

We were up there at about 1.00.
We came in from the short end (leek) quick drink at pub then tackled the longer section down to Macclesfield. Back end of car fealt quite twitchy and mate behind in his Integra reaconed it looked lively to say the least!!

Just a shame i had no idea where the road went. Wish now i turned around and had another go. Maybe another day.

Yours all back together now and on the road Andy?

Rick Draper
02-05-06, 04:33 PM
Cat and fiddle road is right on my door step. Drove it countless times over the years in all weathers. Just have to be carefull of the coppers that are out and about with all the bikes at this time of year.

Has anything changed on your car for this year Martin?

MARTIN KELSON
02-05-06, 04:58 PM
Hi Rick,

Didn't see any coppers about to be honest. I was on look out after seeing road countless time on Police Camera Action on TV. Maybe there was more about on bank holiday Monday.

Not done much to car to be honest, bought a house last September and that seems to be draining my cash!!

I have changed the colour of wheels to Anthracite, new momo suede steering wheel, and a quaife gear knob and thats it!! Pretty poor for me i know but better than nothing eh!

Cheers

Jack
02-05-06, 05:20 PM
I was on look out after seeing road countless time on Police Camera Action on TV.
Was about to say, is that the road thats been on TV a couple times lol

Fuel economy sounds pretty good to me :D

conad
02-05-06, 05:47 PM
Power Steering.....and A Diff, Flashy Sod Lol! Wot Wer The Costs Involved In That?

andybishop
02-05-06, 06:49 PM
Martin, It was about 2 when we went up there, started at the buxton end, have to watch out for speed cameras in the layby by the pub.. Nope my cars still in the bodyshop, although it is getting there and should be in paint this week... Been sorting all my bits and pieces out so i can start building it as soon as it comes back.

MARTIN KELSON
03-05-06, 11:31 AM
Power Steering.....and A Diff, Flashy Sod Lol! Wot Wer The Costs Involved In That?

Hi mate,
The diff of Quaife was about ?450, alot but well worth the money
Power steering is electric from a Corsa B, cost in total about ?400 but a large chunk of that is the ?250 from Harry Hockly to modify the ECU as the corsa has a speed sensitive sensor that you need to bypass. Again money well spend as a 2.0 16v Nova with a diff and a quickrak is so heavy to drive.
Or is it just me thats weak!!

Cheers

Jules
03-05-06, 12:03 PM
I have changed the colour of wheels to Anthracite, new momo suede steering wheel, and a quaife gear knob and thats it!! Pretty poor for me i know but better than nothing eh!

Cheers

I remember photoshopping a pic of your car a year or two go with your rims in grey/black and you said it looked rubbish!! lol

Get some pics up, yours is one my fav Nova's ever!
:thumb:

MARTIN KELSON
03-05-06, 02:12 PM
I remember photoshopping a pic of your car a year or two go with your rims in grey/black and you said it looked rubbish!! lol

Get some pics up, yours is one my fav Nova's ever!
:thumb:

Hi mate,

Iam allowed to change my mind!!

If i knew how to put up pics i would. My computer at work has blockers and photobucket is one of them thats blocked!
Cheers for the coments anyway.

Jack
03-05-06, 05:12 PM
Martin, try using imageshack (http://www.imageshack.us). Or if you like you can email me a couple pics and I'll host them?

krobinson
03-05-06, 06:59 PM
Next time your out martin, take some nice arty photo's. Your nova is one of the best out there, but photographs are scarce!!

If your stuck, send them to t40nova@btinternet.com and i'll host them.

Keith

fearless
03-05-06, 07:02 PM
My computer at work has blockers and photobucket is one of them thats blocked!

I can't believe that for one minute - with the amount of 'smut' and 'filth' that you get and send to me !!!! ;)

Nice to hear 'The purple warrior' is out again - How did the Integra do - I'm hoping he was a spec in your rear view mirror (He'd be quite large in them huge door mirrors you've got !! - Private Joke)

Dave

krobinson
03-05-06, 07:04 PM
(He'd be quite large in them huge door mirrors you've got !! - Private Joke)

lol

Keith