PDA

View Full Version : where to place r.number plate?

pukka-novasr
20-05-02, 05:50 PM
im hopefully get a flushed tailgate soon, thing is i got a vauxstyle rear bumper and there quite round and i cant fink where to put the number plate, if i mount it at the bottom, theres no place to mount the numberplate light as it wont sit flush and shine elsewhere. can any1 think of a number plate surround wiv built in lites as tis is the only way i can fink of doin it. hope tis makes sense

djp_y2k
20-05-02, 08:58 PM
i had the quad conversions rear bumper. It had a bottom lip like the one on the gte rear bump. I mounted mine on this this, and cut a hole above it and mounted the light there (the original light). I got the light surround sprayed the same colour as the car. It looks as if it should have always been there.

djp_y2k
20-05-02, 08:58 PM
i had the quad conversions rear bumper. It had a bottom lip like the one on the gte rear bump. I mounted mine on this this, and cut a hole above it and mounted the light there (the original light). I got the light surround sprayed the same colour as the car. It looks as if it should have always been there.

spec
21-05-02, 05:36 PM
get a numberplate recess from the back bumper of a peugeot 309 and then put it in the back of your bumper, the recess has lights aswell !!

mattj
21-05-02, 08:14 PM
How about something different. One thought I've had for my Nova (when I get one!) is to screw the number plate onto a roof spoiler with brake light, and wire up a number plate light into the integrated third brake light!
The brake light would still function, but when not braking the plate would be lit!

Definitely would turn heads......

Matt

lucusade
22-05-02, 05:05 PM
Not sure where the best place is to put the number plate, but DemonTweeks sell these bolts that are made to shine on the number plate. There ?35. Im getting some soon, so I'll let you know how it looks.

I flushed my tailgate earlier this month and I did mine by welding a piece of sheet metal all the way across the boot hatch. don't do it like that, just flush the recess !!

NOTE: The boot hatch will be heavier and so you may required an extra boot arm thingy to hold it up !!

TRY THIS:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ben.copeland/Flushing%20Tailgate%20Page.htm