PDA

View Full Version : New MOT

walton_lad
01-05-06, 11:13 AM
With the new MOT and them keeping all MOT details on a computer, will this mean that people who have had engin changes will have to let the DVLA know this? Not got an engin change just wondering! :) It was because there was a lot of 2 ltr Novas on ebay that where coming up to a new mot for sale!

James

Jack
01-05-06, 11:31 AM
MOT certificate doesn't have the engine nuimber on it, only the chassis number.

Adam
01-05-06, 02:21 PM
Ye, i think when the MOT is done, the computer system brings up the engine details etc, and they have to match the car.

Philsutton
01-05-06, 04:40 PM
yes you need the correct engine size on your log book as what is in the car, otherwise they cant do the mot. I had **** loads of trouble getting mine mot'd

craigf
02-05-06, 05:34 PM
depends where you go for your MOT really, im an mot tester and have tested loads of converted cars, saxo vts conversions in 1.1's lol, v6 corsa, let corsa, jus depends how much of a c**t your tester is really coz its theyre decision whether to let it slip or not, i personally jus leave the mot details as whatever the computer says and do the emmissions as per the engine!

walton_lad
02-05-06, 08:56 PM
Cool, Thax for your help, When does the computerised MOT come into play then?

Stuart
02-05-06, 09:38 PM
last september.

good ole seimens.. it crashes most days

Adam
03-05-06, 12:30 AM
Ye, most if not all MOT places will have the new system now.

When mine was done last November tho, my local garage still had the paper system.

Ben
03-05-06, 12:54 AM
My Tester asks me what engines in the car and puts on the screen whatever i tell him.