PDA

View Full Version : Help Fitting front Bumper

MyNovaSr
30-04-06, 12:04 PM
Brought a new front bumper but it has no mounts on it..

Worked out how im going to attach it at the front, can anyone give me tip for how you attach/make mounts for the side where you attach the bumper to the side of the car.

Or how you did it... Need help, hints and tips for this one people :thumb:

Thanks.

Welsh Dan
30-04-06, 12:11 PM
Can you show us some pics of the "inside" of the bumper?

studaman21
30-04-06, 12:28 PM
its usually possible if youve got an sr to steal the metal frame from inside the sr bumper and fiberglass it to the inside of the new bumper. and for the corners put some self tappets into the lip of the wing where it meets.
best bet is to give it over to someone who has bodyshop experience

MyNovaSr
30-04-06, 12:41 PM
My Car didnt have the standard SR bumper it had an jap style evo bumper on the car that was not supported at the front but had some kind of mount fitted to the side which connected to the wing. Like a slide connector.. It had no "bar" behind the bumper. But I sold that on ebay for ?90 (it was twisted) and brought a brand new one on ebay for ?50 lol ..

My new evo bumper is just fiberglass I think which is white. No mounts on it at all which is why I need help in how to fit it to my car.

I was thinking about screwing through the bumper and the L type bars behind then bolting the bumper to it and fiberglassing over the bold top so you can't see it.

Ideas, still aint got a clue on how im gunna connect the sides and the bumper is quite thin too :( :confused:

Jack
30-04-06, 12:48 PM
Iv'e got some pics somewhere of the mounts I used on my Evo bumper.... gimmie a min and I'll try to find them...

Jack
30-04-06, 01:13 PM
Nuts. This is the only one I can find at the mo

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/04090401.jpg

Basically two square U shaped brackets either side of the main vent which bolted to the bumper bar. You'll need to chop a couple inches off the end of the bumper bar as well.

Also used two the same shape but smaller on the sides to bolt into the bumper holes on the wing. Then a couple of L shaped brackets that went from the lower valance of the bumper and bolted under the front valance of the car.

I just used fibreglass resin to hold the brackets onto the bumper, and it held them in place pretty tight.

If you're using lamps as well, I used the 120mm Ring ones I think. Connected them to a small bracket coming off the bumper bar.

MyNovaSr
30-04-06, 02:06 PM
How did you connect the U shaped brackets to the bumper, was it just normal resin? It held ok..?

The bumper bar, it that some horizontal bar that goes accross the front? If it is I dont have that just too prong type things coming out of the front :(

Do you have any more pics?

Thanks.

Adam
30-04-06, 02:47 PM
For the sides, could you not just bond on the small things that clip onto the standard bumper and bolt to the wing.

Jack
30-04-06, 03:02 PM
The standard bumper clips are too small iirc.

Yep, just used a wad of normal fibreglass resin and it held it ok. And yeah you'll need the horizontal bumper bar as well (bolts onto the two prongs)

MyNovaSr
30-04-06, 03:26 PM
ill have to get me one of them then.

Thanks for your advise guys :)