PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Shelves

krobinson
29-04-06, 12:37 PM
I'm looking to aquire a nice stealth shelf for the nova. I ordered one from ebay but the guy refused to honor the shipping to NI even tho he said will post to UK for ?20. Tosser.

Anyone know where to get a well made stealth shelve for decent money?

Keith

Jack
29-04-06, 01:05 PM
Bassjunkies sell them here (http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php?pid=27576&show_my_car=&return_link=%2Findex.php%3Fcpage%3Dproduct%2Fbrows e_sub_category.php%26area%3Dshop%26category_id%3D9 9%26sub_category_id%3D82&source=subcategory)

...But ?75! :eek:

How about making your own? Sheet of MDF, use the original as a template... Doesn't matter too much if the MDF looks a bit rough as you can cover it up with some fabric. I did one for a Cavalier and it looked good.

[edit]There's one on ebay here (http://cgi.ebay.ie/VAUXHALL-NOVA-STEALTH-SHELF-AUTO-ACOUSTICS-SPEAKER-NEW_W0QQitemZ4608224284QQcategoryZ10404QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem), ?40 and worldwide shipping.

dannyb
29-04-06, 02:25 PM
Make it?? Acoustic carpet, some mdf and glue sniffers glue. I'll send you pics of mine and the method I used if you like. djvbarlow@hotmail.com

Nova_Tek
05-05-06, 07:04 PM
I used my original nova rear shelf then strengthened it with some slim sheets of mdf at the base of the shelf. Then got black accoustic cloth and covered it up velcro'd it to the shelf to be taken off when I wanna take the speakers out.

Im using the rear shelf for 17cm comps to get mid range and highs whilst the sub in the boot supplies the bass.

But if you want the rear speakers on the shelf to be pumping bass then id suggest a proper MDF shelf to support the speakers.

draper
06-05-06, 08:35 AM
i always thought NI was part of the UK, therefore postage would be the same price (and as easy) as posting on the mainland ????

SRi-pete
11-05-06, 06:15 PM
it is part of the UK so there's no reason for him not to ship it, say you will do him for false advertising lol

rednova
11-05-06, 07:32 PM
i made an mdf baffle*? which was the same size as the middle section in a nova shelf, trimmed it in carpet an screwed it underneath - then just trimmed the shelf in dark grey acoustic carpet, this way you know it'll fit, looked good too

Phil