PDA

View Full Version : Are Flamer Kits Chav Or Not?

Ben_1981
28-04-06, 09:58 PM
Just wanting peoples opinions on the above and if not chav what would be the best one?

MrSilicone
28-04-06, 10:06 PM
I think flamer kits are the dog's bo##ocks!! id love a butane gas one but cant find 1 - Anyone help me?? (soz for the thread hi-jack)

Great for tailgatars!! - let them get close then torch their front bumper :thumb:

dhdev (Oli)
28-04-06, 10:12 PM
Flamer kits are CHAV :roll:
If however your car flames due to the state of tune/overfueling etc then that is seriously cool :cool: :D

e.g.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/dhdev/bmw-m3-gtr-16.jpg

g3dd35
28-04-06, 10:19 PM
**** you flamer kits are ****ing class ive got one you should see ppls face shock

kiddo
28-04-06, 10:23 PM
If however your car flames due to the state of tune/overfueling etc then that is seriously cool :cool: :D

e.g.

haha lol i love flames :) id like to see a chav with enough power to make his car run that rich though!

dhdev (Oli)
28-04-06, 10:24 PM
why not just ride round on a bmx with a can of lynx and a lighter.

R1CH
28-04-06, 10:25 PM
Definetly Chav !!!!
Can be very dangerous to, there was a guy at the PVG National Day 04 (?) with an MK2 Astra Turbo who had a butane flamer kit, he was sitting in it with the boot lid up revving the engine popping out flames then the pipe comes off the butane & catches alight !!
Huge fireball = trashed install, Melted Rear bumper & burnt face !!
lol

Rich

dhdev (Oli)
28-04-06, 10:27 PM
yeah burnt my hair when i rushed in to help him out!!!

g3dd35
28-04-06, 10:36 PM
chaves are gay and stupid looking and flames of any type are class as f'ck,know electric dump valves are sh;t as f'ck!!!!!!

Welsh Dan
28-04-06, 10:37 PM
The would be chav, if most chavs could actually afford them. I think the best term would be "ricer".

Jack
28-04-06, 10:41 PM
chaves are gay and stupid looking and flames of any type are class as f'ck,know electric dump valves are sh;t as f'ck!!!!!!
Anything fake and/or pointless is usually chav - hence flamer kits are chav.

Most Jap turbos with a decat and decent exhaust will flame of their own accord, hence most people associating it with them. Even my faff flames with the standard exhaust but methinks thats because the catalytic converter is on its way out lol

R1CH
28-04-06, 11:37 PM
yeah burnt my hair when i rushed in to help him out!!!

Think i just sat watching drinking beer !
Found this pic, didn't get any action shots tho !

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/ricmetcalf/Picture0118.jpg

Rich

JSeymour
29-04-06, 12:56 AM
get over the chav thing you lot!

how do you make flame kits? butane sounds a pain in the ****.

is it as easy as wiring up a second coil and screwing a spark plug in the exhaust?

Welsh Dan
29-04-06, 01:00 AM
get over the chav thing you lot!

how do you make flame kits? butane sounds a pain in the ****.

is it as easy as wiring up a second coil and screwing a spark plug in the exhaust?

Not if your fuel/air mix is correct. You need to at least supply fuel to it.

JSeymour
29-04-06, 01:10 AM
as the main coil will cut out for the other coil when your driving along fuel will still pump through?
if ya catch my drift.......like back fireing.

jamie gsi16v
29-04-06, 10:17 AM
natural flames yes, boy racer butane flameswhy?NO

General Baxter
29-04-06, 10:20 AM
**** you flamer kits are ****ing class ive got one you should see ppls face shock

i take it you have a push rod engine, under car neons and **** boom boom music that loud you can not even think?lol

TommySR
29-04-06, 11:51 AM
lol at the Astra pic, bet he felt stupid

Jack
29-04-06, 12:52 PM
Why don't you ask your insurance company how to install one? I'm sure they'd love to know about it ;)

dannyb
29-04-06, 01:54 PM
Don't those fag types in the film Grease have a flame kit on their slammed yank tank?

Tuned cars spitting flames ala Group B - Yes.

Guildford Burger King car park with a flame kit on a Saxo - No.

Welsh Dan
29-04-06, 02:00 PM
Guildford Burger King car park with a flame kit on a Saxo - No.

Depends if it sets the saxo on fire :D.

JSeymour
30-04-06, 12:21 AM
ok

does any one no how to make one, because id rather like one : )

Jack
30-04-06, 12:34 AM
tbh if you must have one, I'd definately recommend buying a kit - fire in the exhaust isn't really the kinda thing you want to leave to chance.

This (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=flamer+kit&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB) is a quick search on google for Flamer kit. A couple suppliers on there.

As said on one of the google results, bear in mind they are illegal for road use. If you get caught, on your own head be it...

Welsh Dan
30-04-06, 12:35 AM
Pick a fuel source, pipe it safely into the exhaust, if the exhaust isnt hot enough to ignite your chosen fuel source, give it a source of ignition.

Spudly
30-04-06, 12:46 PM
Depends if it sets the saxo on fire :D.

I sooo hope so, i dislike those cars with a passion lol, a mate of mine created his own on a mk3 fiesta sport he used a coil run from an indicator flasher (with bulb to flash to regulate the pulses of the coil) to a plug in his back box pipe n used to switch on the coil (flasher set up) rev up to high revs cut the key n pump the pedal, mechanical lift pupm keeps puttin fuel thru n spark plug ingnites it, not a very reliable way of doin it but was impressive for summat he made in a couple of hours one afternoon!!!!

Philsutton
30-04-06, 01:06 PM
on my old capri we pulled the choke out an lit the exhaust with a lighter, pmsl it was on tick over with 6 foot flames coming out the exhaust. We couldnt get them to go out either, even when i turned the engine off it just went back up the exhaust with a pop to which i couldnt start it up again lol

Jamied
30-04-06, 02:37 PM
3 of my mates have flamer kits one on an astra the others a celica and scooby i think they quality on the right car

Jack
30-04-06, 02:58 PM
the others a celica
If its a Gen6, shoot him.

womble sri
30-04-06, 04:54 PM
my sr used to flame a bit when slowing down. particularily when it was running rough. i thnk flamer kits are ok but not if your sitting down burgerking hitting the limiter whilst every one gathers round your fibrglassed shopping trolley of choicetrying to light a fag.

Lee
30-04-06, 05:28 PM
lol @ this thread.

Flamer kits are uber cool! Im getting one!

http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/goyou.jpg

Philsutton
30-04-06, 05:41 PM
wow shes hot

Jack
30-04-06, 06:52 PM
wow shes hot
She will be if she gets a Flamer kit