PDA

View Full Version : engine problems

General Baxter
28-04-06, 09:05 PM
:wtf:

been working fine today,
have not fitted the carbs yet just got the 4-1 and exhaust system fitted,

the fuel level is half way in the red,

going up a hill and down a hill, i loose all power and the battery and oil light comes on, theres no spluttering just dies, and if i pump the pedal it comes back to life in about 6-7 seconds

welcome back to novas lol

Welsh Dan
28-04-06, 09:12 PM
Stick some more fuel in :p lol.

Had the same thing happen to me on the way to work one day, luckily i was only 300 yards from a fuel station and managed to get it there.

General Baxter
28-04-06, 09:12 PM
Stick some more fuel in :p lol.

i drove it 60+ miles with the fuel on the needle worked fine lol
+ wont it splutter if it runs out of fuel?

Welsh Dan
28-04-06, 09:19 PM
It didnt splutter for me, not that I noticed anyway, but it was pissing it down with rain and I was on a dual carraigeway, it cut out as I drove up the offramp so I let it coast up to the top, it started up when it got on the level again.

Do the carb tanks have a swirl pot?

EDIT: Apparently not (http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60096&highlight=swirl)

Its not actually running out of fuel as such, its that the fuel thats in there isnt getting sucked up by the pump when you're going up or down the bigger slopes. The injection tanks have whats called a swirl pot which is a part of the tank around the pump thats designed to hold a small amount of fuel for when you go up or down steep hills or corner hard, when the car levels out it fills the swirl pot again.

Lee
28-04-06, 09:30 PM
Put some fuel in it Baxter you tight bastid lol lol

General Baxter
28-04-06, 09:47 PM
Put some fuel in it Baxter you tight bastid lol lol

no never lol ill use my piss then pay 99p a liter lol

treeted
28-04-06, 10:33 PM
mine was running like a b*tch the other week after i fitted a new tank but most of that was a fuel line problem. However Ive put some redx in it and thats improved it loads too. Having fuel in it tends to help to though lol

Jack
28-04-06, 10:51 PM
Fuel starvatoin rocks, happens on most ST205s as well when they're low on fuel and you take a fast right. Gotta love the Face On Windscreen moments lol

Adam
29-04-06, 12:14 AM
Have you ever thought the guage might be slightly wrong baxter ;)

Put a full tank in, see if the engine works then. Lol

General Baxter
29-04-06, 10:23 AM
Gotta love the Face On Windscreen moments lol

lol that did happen, as i was doing the classic chav leaning forward, to go faster thingy lol

Lee
29-04-06, 10:44 AM
lol that did happen, as i was doing the classic chav leaning forward, to go faster thingy lol

Were you bouncing up and down with gritted teeth mumbling 'cooome ooooon' as well? lol

Stuart
29-04-06, 10:58 AM
thats what ill be doing lol

General Baxter
29-04-06, 11:07 AM
if i lean forward, i put more weigh over the front wheels better traction ;)

General Baxter
29-04-06, 11:17 AM
lol i can not even go and get fuel now lol

started this morn for about 10seconds then died and wont come back on lol

Welsh Dan
29-04-06, 11:34 AM
Sounds like someone has an empty tank lol.

treeted
29-04-06, 11:59 AM
Time for the walk of shame with the little green can lol

General Baxter
29-04-06, 12:09 PM
Time for the walk of shame with the little green can lol

nope, iv managed to fill my nova tank, using the fuel out the cav lol and iv still got 1/4 in the cav, and a full tank in my motobike lol

oh works now lol

treeted
29-04-06, 12:13 PM
amazing what a bit of fuel does to improve your engine a few times mines rolled into the garage just as its cut out lol

Jack
29-04-06, 01:08 PM
no never lol ill use my piss then pay 99p a liter lol
I think the cav fuel is just a cover story lol

Lee
29-04-06, 02:57 PM
I think the cav fuel is just a cover story lol

Me too. If it works, ill be first in line to buy some!

Do you rekon we could get him to produce high octane race fuel if we get him lashed on meths the night before??? lol