PDA

View Full Version : Removing \ Putting On Bumpers .

GR
07-05-02, 02:21 PM
I want to colour code up my MK1 SR bumpers and for a proper job, am obviously gonna need to get them off, sand, primer, etc etc .

Silly question maybe, but how do i go about removing them and is it just a case of spanners to bolts or what ?

Cheers .

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

blondie
07-05-02, 02:45 PM
its all in the haynes . I did mine ages ago and I cant remember all of it. check out the haynes it aint too hard

sepatown my daimeys!!

shady_brady
07-05-02, 09:43 PM
It's easy just remove the bolts from just inside the boot and slide it away from the clips at the sides. It's as easy as that I'd had mine of only the other day Okay mate.

ade
07-05-02, 10:01 PM
haynes - full details - be careful when removing not to break clips (can bend on rear - well mk2 ones do). fronts (I think) have bolts on the sides of wings
Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

burney
16-05-02, 11:44 PM
its a total of 6 bolts on the front (all in wheel arches) and 4 bolts on the back (in boot behind trim) but dont forget the clip in the centre (under the rear of the car).

Rich Dale
20-05-02, 01:25 AM
Front bumper:

*Remove front grill.
*Remove clips along bottom edge of bumper...attaches it to the valance.
*Undo the two bolts on inner wing, one on outer wing (easer to undo this but the Haynes doesn't say to do so)

Rear bumper:

*Just TWO nuts in the boot behind the carpet to undo and a clip under the back in the centre near the spare-tyre well.
The side clips are usually tight and the brackets might break.....they rust like buggery!

greenz
19-06-02, 03:37 AM
if your bolts on the inside of the wing have rusted like mine, and r a bastard to get off. take the plastic off the bumper and undo the bolt on the impact bar, a bit tricky but it works