PDA

View Full Version : Another little problem

lucusade
14-03-02, 03:48 PM
I had some 14" GTE alloys on me nova, and the arches had been folder back. Also its been lowered 60mm.

I then put some 15" with 195/45's.

If I have anyone in the back of the car, it rubs on the tyres, despite having grinded down the arches, so they are now flat.

Is this normal, and what is the best way to remmedy this ??

Cheers fellow Nova owners !!!!

NovaCruiser
14-03-02, 04:04 PM
Its poss that its the inner arches that catching on the tyre. Ive got 15's on my nova and the outer arch only ever catches when doing a tight corner or ive got a fatty in the car, put your finger behind the wheel on the back and see how close it is to the inner arch, mine was within about 1mm so i got a hammer and some pine wood and tapped it back a bit, it still rubs on my nova but it might remedy your prob?

blondie
14-03-02, 04:41 PM
what offset are your wheels? read wheels and lowering in the articles section.

wisewood
15-03-02, 11:42 AM
alternatively - dont let anyone in the car.
although thats not massively practical.

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

RobIsGrt18
15-03-02, 06:00 PM
luke m8, i have told ya its ya offset on ya wheels there miles off, u need to get um machined down or get ya arches pulled out a bit! any luck on the alarm by the way ?

keith.froom
15-03-02, 06:56 PM
use a bottle jack in your wheel arch to ease out the arch this will give you a good half inch extra but be warned dont over do it as it will crease so easy does it

http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/kf139

burney
19-05-02, 11:51 PM
You can get spring spacers from caravan shops that stop your springs from moving. this will stop the car from going down anymore when people are in the back but be prepaird for a bumpy ride. :D

Is the voice in my head getting on your nervs?