PDA

View Full Version : bearings

LUV2XLR8
26-04-06, 12:56 PM
it seem as tho my front wheel bearings are nakerd, ive tried the 6 o'clock test and theres movement.
i havent got any drive shafts in at the moment, would this cause the wheels to feel like this or is it the bearings?
thanks
jim

craig green
26-04-06, 01:10 PM
The bearing is at risk of pulling out without a CV joint/hub in place & torqued up with the castleated nut.

So that might be the reason you have 'play'.

LUV2XLR8
26-04-06, 01:24 PM
cool, i may put the shaft back in to test this out, hopefully i wont need new bearings.

craig green
26-04-06, 01:35 PM
Not a major job if it does. If the centre of the bearing has been pulled, it may have wrecked the seal. Just bear it in mind.

Stuart
26-04-06, 01:59 PM
there will be play if yovue not got the shaft in and tirque up to the correct level.

LUV2XLR8
26-04-06, 04:39 PM
cool, i was gona look at it today, by putting the shaft back in to see if it was that, but in the mean time i decided to replace my window loom and decided aso to take the drivers seat out to make things easyer. instead the seat got jamed, pissed me right off and then my boss rang asking me to work tomoro on my day off! gutted, so its gona be yet another week until i get anything done! sods law
but thanks again fella's