PDA

View Full Version : plating plans

Tim
26-04-06, 11:48 AM
im going to plate the engine bay before i fit the xe,

only problem is, im to tight to buy the plating fit as i have the facility to make them myself, has any 1 got a guide as to where all the plates fit

cheers tim :thumb:

craig green
26-04-06, 01:09 PM
The only guide is a line drawing of the shell that outlines roughly where the plates go.

if you cant afford the HH kit, you can get copies on ebay for ?65

Tim
26-04-06, 02:02 PM
whats the difference in the kits then?? its not a question of cost i can make them myself so seems no piont in buying them.

i have heard of a nova competition build book that was availabe a while back, does any 1 have this ???

Stuart
26-04-06, 02:46 PM
ive a copy somewhere.... ill sling it on my site tonite

Tim
26-04-06, 04:11 PM
stu to the rescue

your site??

cheers bud:thumb:

Stuart
26-04-06, 04:18 PM
in the sig... unfortunately its got a few popups and occasionally they are soft non work safe ones.. like channel 5 sstyle card games lol. nothing terrible though and you simply close the ad down as tis java

ill do it later

craig green
26-04-06, 05:19 PM
Yeah thats the same drawing, Ive got the build manual.

If you have a bare engine bay..draw round both the front eng mounts & the surrounding areas, the plate should fall below the chassis leg & then tuck it back under to weld it on the underside, thus creating another box section which stiffens themount/end of the chassis leg.

Stuart
26-04-06, 07:13 PM
hit my link for it. dont bother trying to open the pdf in a browser lol... its 7Meg