PDA

View Full Version : new seats please

Ash
25-04-06, 11:30 PM
i've just got back from reading where my new uni will be and i can hardly stand up straight because my seats are to hard (well ok it's because i have avo shock and spring and 45 profile tyres) at the mo i have SR buckety type seats, can ne one thing of a comfy, sporty seat that would look standard-ish, coz its a 220 mile round trip and thats gunna get painfull...

cheers

Ash

Jack
25-04-06, 11:32 PM
SR/SRi/GSi/GTE seats?

Ash
26-04-06, 09:06 PM
yea thats wot i have atm. seem to b made from hardwood!, bin talking to sum mates - wot about reneult 19 16v seats? recon there fit in? i dont want them to tight (width wise) most vauxhall seats are the same as wot i have, aren't they? (astra gte,gsi, corsa seats...) it's just becuz it wud be cheaper to change seats than suspension.

Jack
26-04-06, 09:51 PM
You may find the astra ones are a little bit bigger?

Actually, thinking about it, one of my ex's had a Cavalier Cesaro - that had bucket style seats in it, and felt a bit bigger/more comfy than my mate's Nova SR seats...

Adam
26-04-06, 11:34 PM
My SR seats seems pretty hard too, i think its just lack of use tho, as another set i sat in(they were pretty worn) were a lot softer than mine.

SRlew
27-04-06, 09:43 AM
yer mine give me a sore a**e when i do long distances.

my bro put some nova SR seats in his xr2, and cause there not ment for the car he had to change the mountings, he got them in and there lower and a bit more down at the back, and there well cumfy!

lew

Timmy
27-04-06, 04:14 PM
Sr are seat are coftable i find, only thing is i busted mine, so i got a standrd one in there fine when driving noraml. but you ffall off the seat around coners

dannyb
27-04-06, 04:58 PM
You could try some Calibra seats, they'll take a little work to get in but its do able. They are a bit wider and are equally supportive. You will have to lose the bin things on your doorcards though!

dan23
27-04-06, 07:21 PM
You could try some Calibra seats, they'll take a little work to get in but its do able. They are a bit wider and are equally supportive. You will have to lose the bin things on your doorcards though!

the bin on the door is know were near the seat

dannyb
27-04-06, 11:04 PM
Must depend on whether you welded the sub frame in cock eyed!

Ash
27-04-06, 11:50 PM
Sr are seat are coftable i find, only thing is i busted mine, so i got a standrd one in there fine when driving noraml. but you ffall off the seat around coners

yea, but its probably something to do with the fact im 6'3". i still have the standard seats but u do roll out of them - alot. bin in a few trips in my mates standard clio, and u sink into the seats so much that u dont move at all whilst cornering hard - ace.

cheers for the comments but still looking, maybe R5 GTT seats - the french do seem to make comfy seats for some reason.

Ash

Timmy
30-04-06, 04:38 PM
im 6" im going to look in to getting clubmans on tilting cages , better for be back cos you hve to sit corrlty then, shouold look he nuts with 3 point harness

nova~norm
30-04-06, 05:38 PM
my sr seats r hard as F*ck but my sri ones seamed ok lol

johnny27
30-04-06, 09:37 PM
i had sr blue seats in my old red 1.2, they where great support for corners and a tight little bucket. In my new 1.4 sr the seats are the same design colour but no bucket in them, they're much more soft and comfy and don't hurt you when your trying to get out of the car, although they don't look as sporty as the bucket type in the same style. Don't know if any other seats in nova's came in the same style but with bucket or without.

Ash
03-05-06, 10:58 AM
yep thats what i took out, they came standard in my car (1.2 flair) now im lookin for some mk4 astra seats, maybe gsi. cant find ne tho