PDA

View Full Version : mods declared for insurance.

treeted
25-04-06, 07:33 PM
Ive fitted remote central locking and de-locked the doors. Should I declare this to my insurance company?

Steve:thumb:

General Baxter
25-04-06, 07:48 PM
yes lol.

not paying out as you have no door locks lol

treeted
25-04-06, 09:28 PM
yeh thats wot i thought didnt know if it would be one of those crazy things were it would go up by loads coz id made it harder for people to break in to it.

Jack
25-04-06, 11:36 PM
Although you or I would consider it a "security" modification, unfortunately it makes the car stand out as modified, and thus (in the eyes of insurance) more attractive to a TWOC-er. Same goes for things like tints - they stop people from seeing whats inside the car and in some cases strengthen the windows, but then a thief might think you have something to hide so smash one in for the hell of it.

You might consider linking the central locking to a decent or, if you have the cash, a pro-fitted alarm - the insurance companies like alarms and trackers.

treeted
26-04-06, 07:26 AM
Cheeres Razor

It has an old cat alarm fitted on it with a built in imobiliser but the remote keyfobs have given up. I would install somthing newr but im not sure how much of the wiring id have to alter.

Steve

treeted
02-05-06, 06:25 PM
Rang My insurance firm today (Direct Line). Theres no difference for me having door lock barrels removed and remote central locking.

Jack
03-05-06, 12:23 AM
:thumb:

Would be wise to get that in writing, or at least make a note of time & date of call, and who you spoke to.