PDA

View Full Version : XE ECU Wiring question???

NovaNeil
24-04-06, 12:25 PM
Hi i've just converted a 1.0 Nova to a 2.0 16v XE using the standard Motronic ECU. So far I have connected the 12v Constant Live and 12v Iginition live to the Car (from the ECU) and the thick Blue/Red wire to the fuel pump.

When I crank the car over the Fuel pump relay clicks and the fuel pump whirs... but the engine will not fire up. So I checked for a spark and there is one, and I checked for fuel pressure in the rail and there is.

The engine came out of a 2.0 converted Corsa (that I fitted the engine to and it ran fine and started everytime). I haven't yet connected the extra dash board wires as I thought the engine should start without them. I've checked everything the engine side and its all connected correctly with the Iginition leads in the right order.

Any Idea's? And does anyone know where the other Blue/Red wire connects to? (Is this Fuel pump related as well as the large Blue/Red one?)

Cheers for any help/Assistance

Neil

Stuart
24-04-06, 12:40 PM
run a fresh wire from the ign switch to the ecupower supply/coil supply since the 1.0 has a resistor wire to prevent the coil from overheating....

octane
24-04-06, 06:49 PM
change your crank sensor

Ste L
24-04-06, 08:26 PM
really easy, on my 1l xe conversion, i did all wiring behind dash, but you might have a diff xe loom to mine..

basically...
Thick red/blue - fuel pump
Thin red/blue - not needed
green - rev counter
Blue - temp
thick red - live, to batt
back - run wire to cracking live, in fuse box, electric windows, etc, think i did mine to a black/purple, on back of fuse box

think thats about all of it

this might help, near enough the same wiring as for the xe

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/Ste_SRi/LETWiringDiagram-3plugs.jpg

NovaNeil
25-04-06, 07:35 AM
Fantastic! Re-wired the Iginition live last night direct to the Ignition barrel and she fired up straight away! :D

Cheers guys.

Neil

Stuart
25-04-06, 08:32 AM
damn im good :D lol

Ste L
25-04-06, 10:42 AM
Fantastic! Re-wired the Iginition live last night direct to the Ignition barrel and she fired up straight away! :D

Cheers guys.

Neil

stick an inline fuse on it if you haven't already, best to be safe than sorry lol