PDA

View Full Version : random question about none starter

dan23
23-04-06, 09:37 PM
i ll start from the begining ages ago car struggled to start when it finally did it seemed to miss fire an pop through the exhaust, i thought maybe it had a stuck valve so put a new head on it an t40s while i was at it .

now when trying to start it it sounds the same as it did before it turns over but struggles to fire up ,so i guess it didnt have a stuck valve after all

could any of these cause it to do this

old fuel in the tank (been stood a while) if it is this can i mix new fuel with old or do i have to drain tank.

the hazard switch is lit up but hazards dont work , (i thought it might be this cause theifs turn mk2 hazard switch around an it makes car start?

there are no dash lights
should there be more than 1 earth wire going to the battery at the moment the earth coming from the battery is bolted to strut top (the firewall has been cut out) an thats the only earth on that goes to the battery

its had new plugs,leads.rotor arm .dizzy cap,water pump
it getting fuel to the carbs an its sparking at plugs

SRlew
23-04-06, 09:54 PM
when mine was stood for nearly a year. and i just put fresh petrol in it and away we went.

dan23
28-04-06, 04:43 PM
drained tank put fresh juice in still wont start .any 1 got an ideas?

richardsneddon
28-04-06, 04:48 PM
coil?

richardsneddon
28-04-06, 04:48 PM
soory just noticed sparks lol

Adam
28-04-06, 06:19 PM
The plugs are on the dizzy cap in the correct places aren't they?

dan23
28-04-06, 07:00 PM
yes mate all leads are in right firing order .my mate is a pevgeot mechanic he looked at it said it must be the fuel i ve drained it an put fresh in but it still wont start

Welsh Dan
28-04-06, 09:09 PM
Are the t40's in good condition and jetted properly?

dan23
28-04-06, 09:19 PM
thet are in good cond but are jetted for 1.3 (i am using a 1.4 bottom end with 1.3 head)but before i fited the carbs an head it was just a standard 1.4 an it did then ,i thought it was a stuck valve so replaced head an fitted carbs an same time

Lee
28-04-06, 09:34 PM
Have you put the standard cam in with the new head, or is it a different profile? If its a performance cam, have you given it the advance specified by the cam supplier?

Also, can you edit your original post which is alerting any scallys how to start a MK2?

dan23
28-04-06, 10:17 PM
its use the standard cam whatever stoped it from running when it was standard (before i fitted carbs an head) is still doing it now the hazards dont work could this be something to do with it ,remember if mk2 hazard switch is put in upside down it starts car