PDA

View Full Version : how many novaloaders live in sw

BIGS
23-04-06, 08:09 PM
Hi guys. Just wondering how many of you live in the sw?. As i live in plymouth and dont know if you lot a a meet every so often. Just be good to try and get more involed in the club.

Jim Mcrae
23-04-06, 10:51 PM
I live in North devon and am also a member of www.street-stylers-southwst.co.uk (http://www.street-stylers-southwst.co.uk)

db_1.2
23-04-06, 11:07 PM
i live in wiltshire spose thats sw

SRlew
23-04-06, 11:13 PM
im from north devon bud.

im hopefully movin back down soon when me mates sister moves out and iv baught my engine.

where abouts are you 'bhpnos'?

lew

Jack
23-04-06, 11:17 PM
I'm from Somerset. Arr.

Don't forget there's a SW meet in Bristol next Sunday - see the link in my sig for more info.

craig green
24-04-06, 11:39 AM
Another one from Somerset here!

Should be going to SW meet.

luke langton
24-04-06, 11:51 AM
yeah me too! I live in bristol, but dont think i will be going to the meet next week! :mad:

jbowman
24-04-06, 12:18 PM
I actually come from Dorset, but im doing my final year at Uni in Plymouth.

J4MES
24-04-06, 01:38 PM
I'm from Somerset;) , Yeovil:roll: , but am at uni in Newcastle.....

bump
24-04-06, 02:20 PM
I'm way down in Cornwall, IIRC there is someone else down this way too, I'm thinking Liskeard way?

tinyrally1
24-04-06, 03:12 PM
Im from Plymouth. More into the motorsport scene, but used to have a bodykitted 5 door Nova

Jack
24-04-06, 04:16 PM
I'm from Somerset;) , Yeovil:roll: , but am at uni in Newcastle.....
You lucky soul lol

Jim Mcrae
24-04-06, 04:17 PM
im from north devon bud.

im hopefully movin back down soon when me mates sister moves out and iv baught my engine.

where abouts are you 'bhpnos'?

lew
spend most of my time between ilfracombe and woolacombe

J4MES
24-04-06, 04:32 PM
You lucky soul lol

Yeah I try to spend as little time as possible in Yeovil:thumb:

gazcorsa
24-04-06, 04:53 PM
im a bristol boyo

BIGS
24-04-06, 05:33 PM
Im from Plymouth. More into the motorsport scene, but used to have a bodykitted 5 door Nova

Was it the one that was silver and had the fusion back bumper in white?

BIGS
24-04-06, 05:37 PM
Wish i could go to the meet sounds like it will be good. If only the engine was in:(

SRlew
24-04-06, 08:31 PM
spend most of my time between ilfracombe and woolacombe

cool, im from bideford. im going down newt week (monday 1st) for a week. hopefully show up some xr2's in me beast of a 1400, most people there have got them and there all red:roll:

lew

Jim Mcrae
24-04-06, 10:33 PM
Srlew dont know how to weld do you. Could do with a hand welding my sub frames!
Thanks Jim

Ash
24-04-06, 11:27 PM
yep im down in yeovil as well, help!!!

Ben
25-04-06, 08:32 AM
Im from Bristol Tooo

Few others from round by you, Adam Moran is in plymouth & Cornish is in Cornwall, few more too

SRlew
25-04-06, 08:57 AM
nah sorry mate. iv just been thinking about buying a welder actually to do my engine bay. what nova you got? is it drivable?

lew

Jim Mcrae
25-04-06, 05:17 PM
yeh is drivable but has not T&T. Its a mk1 1.2.

craig green
25-04-06, 05:20 PM
qUITE A FEW OF US FROM THESE PARTS THEN!

Jack
25-04-06, 05:58 PM
yep im down in yeovil as well, help!!!
Wow, and there was me thinking I was the only one :lol:

NovaBen is from Ilchester iirc.

Ash
25-04-06, 07:34 PM
yep thats right, he's got is old red shell going spare still, if ne ones intrested, i'll pass the message on.

cornish
25-04-06, 07:47 PM
I live in Cornwall too :)

Adam Moran
26-04-06, 08:14 PM
Hi guys. Just wondering how many of you live in the sw?. As i live in plymouth and dont know if you lot a a meet every so often. Just be good to try and get more involed in the club.

I'm in Plymouth too

SRlew
26-04-06, 08:56 PM
qUITE A FEW OF US FROM THESE PARTS THEN!

was just thinking the same mate. every time i go back home and see a nova, i always wounder if they go on NL. but so far the novas iv seen dont come on here:roll:

also, im wanting to get my SR on the rollers just to see what its puttin out. whats the nearest rolling road to bidefrod or barnstaple way? cause will work out well if i find somwhere down there, cause could get some mates to come along etc, and i get paid when im down. roll on monday morning:)

cheers, lew

Jack
26-04-06, 09:40 PM
Ought to have a meet way down south seen as there's a few of us here - Newquay or something.

SRlew
27-04-06, 09:27 AM
have one next weeklol it means as i can come;)

lew

Jack
27-04-06, 01:47 PM
Nothing like short notice then lol

bump
27-04-06, 02:13 PM
I'm definitly (sp) up for somewere like Newquay, I can also do next week. Or any other time really.

cornish
27-04-06, 02:39 PM
It's Run To The Sun on the last weekend of May which i shall be going to if anyone wants to meet up?

bump
27-04-06, 04:21 PM
I always avoid Newquay when RTTS is on, far too many people about and too many police.

Jack
27-04-06, 04:44 PM
Just what I was thinking. How about mid June?

rm7745
27-04-06, 05:29 PM
Im from surrey, gatwick!!!! hardly any nova's, but then again not too far from croydon.................
nothing much said about that, except some of the nova's, OOOO DEAR, hate to see what there house looks like!!! hehe

BIGS
27-04-06, 05:36 PM
I'm in Plymouth too

Oh yea. So would i know your car then. I used to drive a saxo blue one around with a gsi kit on,off the road at the mo tho. Dont know if you know it.

Adam Moran
27-04-06, 06:26 PM
Oh yea. So would i know your car then. I used to drive a saxo blue one around with a gsi kit on,off the road at the mo tho. Dont know if you know it.

My nova doesnt live down here as just using it for racing.

plus im way to old to be crusing lol

SRlew
27-04-06, 08:45 PM
Nothing like short notice then lol

lol true, was worth a try as im only down for a week, and aint sure when i can get time off work again to come down, but i might be sorting out moving back down next week.

Jack
27-04-06, 09:01 PM
Im from surrey, gatwick!!!!
http://www.michaelpage.com.au/images/%20Compass-page.gif

london_chris
20-11-06, 01:44 AM
im in langport which is between yeovil and taunton, any1 up for a cruse soon

Bouch
20-11-06, 07:08 AM
Born in Taunton.
Family live in Bridgwater.
Ex was from Hayle(cornwall)
And i've lived in West Wales for 27 years.
Work that out(????????????)

Jack
20-11-06, 09:17 AM
There's a meet up in Cheltenham in December if you fancy coming up to that. The link in my sig has more details (as if you could miss it lol)

btw don't expect neons, loud music and burnouts... do expect a pub, people chatting and Matt trying to sell more dodgy bits to Craig lol

Matt2107
20-11-06, 09:50 AM
I dont really have any dodgy bits left.

A slightly damaged GTE rear is all thats left.
I'm hoping to see the exhaust I sold him on his TD though.

craig green
20-11-06, 11:07 AM

Whats your car look like? I'll keep an eye out for it..

craig green
20-11-06, 11:12 AM
What dya mean dodgy bits? I only went to court over the tail lights!

(joke) LOL

Pillar
20-11-06, 02:09 PM
yeah i live in brixham not far from you mate

london_chris
21-11-06, 12:43 AM
heres my new car, not on road yet as head is being replaced. after the funds get better the plan is to drop the corsa gsi lump in and have a nice lil sleeper. the car cost ?200 wat u rekon?
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p47/london_chris1987/P9240157.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p47/london_chris1987/P1140170.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p47/london_chris1987/P9240158.jpg

Matt2107
21-11-06, 09:32 AM
Nice car... it makes me sad... I want another one.

craig green
21-11-06, 10:02 AM
Looks cool.
When mint, an F reg type SR in white is my favourite looking Nova of all time.

On Speedline Alessios obviously...!

london_chris
21-11-06, 02:03 PM
i have to agree with u on the speedlines, im currently running on 15" astra sport rims with one painted mercury grey lol, the rest are yet to be painted. car is coming on slowly but still waiting for new head.

craig green
21-11-06, 03:16 PM
waiting for a cyl head?

Should be a million 1300 heads out there.
Theres some cheap (?4.99) clear fr indicators to fit a mk1 on fleabay.

you coming to the Cheltenham meet in December?

SRimon
21-11-06, 08:03 PM
I'm still in Plymouth but nova less

Craig_
21-11-06, 10:12 PM
I live and work in Taunton. My C20 XE Nova is just being brought out of retirement to take on the local JAP scene, when she hits 200BHP then should be in with a reasonable chance, lol. Should be back on the road in January once its had rear arches done and a few other bits to get it back to mint.

london_chris
22-11-06, 12:38 AM
yea im plannin on port/polish b4 head goes on tho for now, unfortunately im not working at the moment due to having no car lol so i wont be attending the cheltenham cruise but any cruises in the next year i shall attend. do u wana meet sumtime craig so i can see ya nova in taunton?

Alex.
22-11-06, 06:58 AM
I've only just seen this thread!
I'm from the south-west...whoot.
Near Bridgwater....
Although I don't like to say that too often
:p

BIGS
22-11-06, 02:20 PM
I think as there are quite a few of us around the sw. We shoud have another attempt at having a meet. Maybe just after christmas because i dont know about you lot but its making me skint. Anyone up for this?

Jim Mcrae
22-11-06, 02:49 PM
meet sounds cool

craig green
22-11-06, 03:04 PM
LOL @ untaimed Girl!

London chris..its not a cruise dude. A meet up.
Cruises are for saxo's & Fiestas.

craig green
22-11-06, 03:16 PM
I live and work in Taunton. My C20 XE Nova is just being brought out of retirement to take on the local JAP scene, when she hits 200BHP then should be in with a reasonable chance, lol. Should be back on the road in January once its had rear arches done and a few other bits to get it back to mint.

Be good to meet up some time fella. What colour /bodywork is your car?
I'm from Bridgwater.

I used to come over to Taunton in my turbo & bait some of the locals (the ones brave enough to leave McDonalds car park).

Craig_
22-11-06, 07:38 PM
Yeah no worries, like I said car should be back on the Road in New Year, got a lot of work to do over winter. Yeah the boys have all moved to Halfords Car park now, that is where you will find all the jap boys. You still got your Turbo??? My nova is on here under the 2.0 features its Flemings SR which is towards the bottom of the page. Let me know what you think of it.

Jack
22-11-06, 09:36 PM
This (http://www.novaload.net/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=1277) one? Tidy :cool:

london_chris
22-11-06, 11:04 PM
yea everyone is over halfords, but the thing with taunton its all amatures thinking they can race and being bellends lol,sorry if i offended anyone but i used to race wen i was bout 13 round campsites lol.anyway heres apic of my car which will be on road in new year sumtime.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p47/london_chris1987/P9240157.jpg

beavy69
22-11-06, 11:24 PM
I'm in Bournemouth. Yeovil/Taunton seems like a sensible meet location in the middle of most places mentioned (Bristol/Somerset/Plymouth etc)

You're all wecome to join me at burnin bournemouth if I finish sorting my head by then lol (Nov 26th - bit soon I spose maybe next one?)

craig green
23-11-06, 10:38 AM
Beavy.
i used to go to Uni Bournemouth. I love the drive down there. I cant/wont be making Burnin' (cruises arent my thing) but I'm sure we can arrange an SW meet in or around Somerset/Dorset at some point. I'd love to take a look at your car too.

Dont spose you know of any good night clubs to go to in Bournemouth? Opera house is closed & we are heading there tomorrow night....

Craig_
23-11-06, 09:55 PM
Yeah thats my wheels, just having a tidy up over the winter, arches etc. Then some more horsepower going on Board. Yeah a meet in the new year when my wheels are on the road would be perfect. Be good to meet a few others. A few of the lads around Halffords are ok and quite good mates, is really just a place to meet up and have a chat, there are a fair few knobbers mind, lol.

Ash
23-11-06, 11:28 PM
From what im told Yeovil is a no-no for any modifed car now, since the last 'wikid maziv crooz' any hint of a meeting and there will be punishments.

This is just what i've been told tho, RJ my know more. which reminds me (before RJ plugs it again) theres a meet in Cheltenham, and another one planned in Newquay sometime in the new year i believe.

Ash

Jack
24-11-06, 09:40 AM
mmm, the press is giving yeovil "cruisers" a really hard time at the moment, so the police are coming down harsh on any events, openly threatening on certain public forums that Super Spy Razorjack has his ears on that they WILL crush cars and hand out court appearances willy-nilly. Meanwhile, Avon & Somerset police have the crappest rating of solving crime and preventing gun crime or something in the UK - but thats another rant ;)

Taunton would probably be a better location for access anyway.

And yes, all are welcome to the Cheltenham meet - see the link in my sig and post in there if you want to come along.

Matt2107
24-11-06, 10:14 AM
And yes, all are welcome to the Cheltenham meet - see the link in my sig and post in there if you want to come along.

You forgot to mention that all the best people will be wearing Novaload Fleeces. :thumb:

beavy69
24-11-06, 10:29 AM
Craig (Green):
Yeah Burnin is alright, I've only been once and I may go on Sun if the car is working OK (finished fitting new head and cam at 12 last night and have yet to test) Not sure I'd drive too far to go though.

SW meet sounds good idea (not Yeovil thought by the sounds of it) Maybe in the new year, give people time to A) Show interest and B) recover from Xmas which is looming over my bank balance.

Clubs in B'mth: There's quite a spectrum, I suppose the main three that cover it are Elements (most popular, although a little immature sometimes - it's where the Cage and Zoo used to be) Newest club is Censo, its alright - a little expensive depending the day - make sure you get a cheapie entry etc voucher from one of the people walking around nearby (that's located where Berlins used to be round the corner from Elements) And there's also a Jumpin Jaks benieth the IMAX by the peir. Hope thats of use - have a good one mate.

Ash
24-11-06, 12:21 PM
you forgot "the operahouse" or slinkeys/cocoshabeen as its more commonly known, but thats not really in b'mouth, is it?

EDIT: opps, just re-read CG's post :wall: when and why did that close then?

Ash

beavy69
24-11-06, 03:19 PM
Never really liked the Opra House. I only went there once and it was pay ?10 to get in and as many drinks as you like. Something I will never fall for again. Once you had managed to wade your way past the hoards of childeren and made sure that the two people eitherside you at the bar were not half leaping over it to get attention more than you, you find out you can only order one drink at a time, it was like dishing out food aid in Africa!

You up for a SW meet some time in the new year Nova Pilot?

Ash
24-11-06, 04:20 PM
yeah, i know what you mean, it did seem just a lil' bit too rough in there as well...

as for a meet, ummm im doing that famous 'I'll take my car off the road to rebuild it! (and then give up)' thing. lol no, it will be (started and) finished before summer i hope. problem is the car i 120 miles away so i cant work on it very often :(

In my defence i did go to the last Cheltenham meet :thumb:

Ash

Matt2107
24-11-06, 04:24 PM
In my defence i did go to the last Cheltenham meet :thumb:

Ash

Classic quote from that meet.

Me - Come on then Ash pop the bonnet and lets see the beast.
Ash - It's only a 1.2
Me - Doh thought it was a 1.6 on t40's

SRimon
26-11-06, 08:28 PM
i'll be up for a meet up, i'll come up in the german tank, can never mooch around novas enough

Porsche911r101
26-11-06, 08:57 PM
im from liskeard, ish, but i dont have a car :P

craig green
27-11-06, 01:08 PM
Craig (Green):

Clubs in B'mth: There's quite a spectrum, I suppose the main three that cover it are Elements (most popular, although a little immature sometimes - it's where the Cage and Zoo used to be) Newest club is Censo, its alright - a little expensive depending the day - make sure you get a cheapie entry etc voucher from one of the people walking around nearby (that's located where Berlins used to be round the corner from Elements) And there's also a Jumpin Jaks benieth the IMAX by the peir. Hope thats of use - have a good one mate.

cheers fella. Went to Elements on Friday night. Was awesome & ideal for the 10 of us that went.

Got trashed & got back home for bed at 7:30 Saturday morning... went out again Saturday night too in Bridgwater so am feeling pretty rough today tbh...