PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions RE nova gsi

Turbo Steve
23-04-06, 06:41 PM
does anybody know if:-
-an xe coil will work on the gsi engine?
-the xe/let fuel pressure regulators work on the gsi engine as they look the same?
-are xe injectors a good upgrade for running with a turbo conversion?

cheers, steve.

Stuart
23-04-06, 07:05 PM
what engine management are you running for the conversion?
and have you dropped the CR properly with LC pistons?

Turbo Steve
26-04-06, 09:06 PM
i'm not aiming to drop the compression to much as this will help me with power. i might just put a small pocket in the pistons or alternatively ceramic coat the pistons and inside of the head to cope with the extra heat. as far as engine management goes i'm trying to figure out whether i can make an RS turbo loom integrate with the vauxhall sensors as this should save on a prog ecu and will be different.

Turbo Steve
26-04-06, 09:07 PM
and back to my first post, does anyone know if this stuff will work on my engine. they all look the same to me.

Stuart
26-04-06, 09:12 PM
that ecu idea is a bad one imo...

the xe coil would work...
the injectors could well be a wise plan to prevent the injectors maxing out

Turbo Steve
26-04-06, 10:16 PM
why don't you like the ecu idea (apart from the obvious its a f**d). cossie looms seem to produce good results on C20 LET engines.

Paul
26-04-06, 10:18 PM
Can't you Megasquirt it

Stuart
26-04-06, 10:26 PM
ive never heard of a cossie loom on a let lol.

MS would be a good route to take

Paul
26-04-06, 10:36 PM
I have also never heard anything about cossie looms on a let, I cant really see what difference a cossie loom would make on a let, afterall its only a bundle of wires?

craig green
27-04-06, 12:42 PM
So many factors about the 1.6 vaux engine will be different to the Ford CVH. Volumetric efficiency, compression ratio's, firing order, boost pressure, ignition etc..

The Ford ECU just wouldnt be any use on a completely different engine. The similarity ends at 1600cc. (fair play tho, I thought about it yrs back).

XE injectors on Nova GSi .. I cant get them to work. (wrong impedence for the ECU)

The XE fuel pressure reg will fit & work, its the same 2.5 bar reg. LET may be 3 bar.

Not sure std GTE/GSi pistons have enough meat on them to be machined & be reliable. Again, its been done & flawed.

CG