PDA

View Full Version : GTE Shafts

MyNovaSr
22-04-06, 05:09 PM
Can you use standard 1.6 GTE Driveshafts when upgrading to the F16 box on a 1.8/2.0 8v...

I know you are meant to change to the 1600 inner CV's but Can you just straight put the standard GTE shafts in as long as you go easy on the right pedal?

Any Ideas people?

NickWalliams
23-04-06, 11:29 AM
should be able to mate think its the same as you would use for F20, as for going easy on the pedal dont worry gte shafts will take 200bhp actually they will take 300bhp my mate is running them on his phase3 let the box and inners usually blow before the shafts

MyNovaSr
23-04-06, 01:02 PM
O right, thanks.

Its a 1.8 8v lump running around 160bhp and its off the road at the mo. I ran out of money doing the heavy modding and am trying to get it back on the road asap cos im running around in a volvo 340 at presant :cry:

So your sure the GTE shafts (standard) will mate to the f16 box on the 1.8's?

Thanks good news about the power handling :thumb:

Lee H
24-04-06, 10:44 AM
You will need to use the cav inner CV;s as F16 is big block gearbox.

MyNovaSr
26-04-06, 03:15 PM
Is that just the CV Joint or do you have to use half of another shaft :confused: ?

I thought that you just had to change the CV joint on the GTE shaft, if this is so cant you just use the standard GTE shaft without changeing the CV joint?

Dont really get this, sorry.

Lee H
26-04-06, 03:38 PM
:confused:
Is that just the CV Joint or do you have to use half of another shaft :confused: ?

I thought that you just had to change the CV joint on the GTE shaft, if this is so cant you just use the standard GTE shaft without changeing the CV joint?

Dont really get this, sorry.

I don't get you at all.

The Nova CV joint is too small to fit into a big block gearbox so you use a big block CV joint that just happens to fit onto the GTE shaft by some coincidence.

dannyb
26-04-06, 11:42 PM
O right, thanks.

Its a 1.8 8v lump running around 160bhp and its off the road at the mo. I ran out of money doing the heavy modding and am trying to get it back on the road asap cos im running around in a volvo 340 at presant :cry:

So your sure the GTE shafts (standard) will mate to the f16 box on the 1.8's?

Thanks good news about the power handling :thumb:

340s aren't too bad, I had a ?70 1.7 as my first car. Excellent for trolley bashing in Tescos car park and towing people out of ditches!

srs1
27-04-06, 09:12 AM
as lee has said fella.

you need it the following.

cav cv inner joint (has to be 22 inner splines to mate up with the nova gte shaft and have the bigger outta joint to join into the gear box, i believe daewoo sell these now too)

then you need the nova gte 22 spline shafts

then the ouuta cv joint to go into your hub.

in basic, you need the modded shafts and cv joints to fit both f16 and f20 gear boxes.
i have used both and talk from experience.

craig green
27-04-06, 12:59 PM
You need inner CV joints to suit Cavalier mk2 (1984/85) 1.6 models.

MyNovaSr
29-04-06, 10:34 PM
Thanks. You answered my question, so in essence I can't use the standard GTE shafts..

So just to confirm I need the standard GTE shafts which I have and you need to buy the "inner CV joints to suit Cavalier mk2 (1984/85) 1.6 models". Any idea of cost for this? :confused:

Thanks for your advise, just unsure of this point.

Pete.:thumb:

Ste L
30-04-06, 02:02 PM
i believe daewoo sell these now too

but your local one, could only get me one sean :p lol