PDA

View Full Version : What has 4 legs and can knacker your car?

joff-turbo-nova
22-04-06, 08:50 AM
Well,

I had an interesting journey to work yesterday. I live out in the sticks and 400 yards up the round I was minding my own business on the way to work when a Bl**dy great deer jumps out of the verge and travelling at about 50mph didn't leave me any chance of breaking or swerving.

So heres the damage ....

http://www.elsamak.karoo.net/corsadent1a.jpg

I now need a new headlamp (got a spare in the loft) , the front bumper has a large crack in it so I'm off the to scappys today to source another one and the bonnet has a dent in the middle of it which will get sorted when the car has a respray later this year.

Oh yes ...... its the wifes car as well ..... she wasn't happy!!! lol

Joff

PS The deer died - anyone for venison burgers????

Stuart
22-04-06, 09:16 AM
ohh i like venison... send some down.

as for the "whats got 4 legs and can knacker your car?" hmmm me and jim lol

Dan
22-04-06, 09:17 AM
bloody hell you got off lightly, the damage could of been alot worse lol lol

womble sri
22-04-06, 11:42 AM
bloody hell you got off lightly, the damage could of been alot worse lol lol

yeah my thought exactly i was gonna say what damage! i hit a pheasant and it done more damage to my car than that! lol

shy witness
22-04-06, 12:44 PM
that dont look 2 bad..............a few years back a mate of mine hit a dog with his corsa.....and the damage woz as bad........1 scrap fibreglass bumper....i headlight........and a damaged front wing.......

oooooooo nasty

Iain
22-04-06, 01:30 PM
Poor deer. :(

Philsutton
22-04-06, 04:37 PM
ive hit birds that have done more damage than that lol, you were lucky thats all it did.

joff-turbo-nova
22-04-06, 05:35 PM
Well sorted the new front bumper - what you couldn't see from the pics is that the bumper bar (the metal strengthening bar behind the plastic) was bent in a U shape - fortunatley there was no damage to the chassis legs or cross members.

However did notice a bit of rust on the cross member so got the waxoyl gun out and sorted it good and propper!

New bumper is back on with the colour inserts (made by Irmscher no less!) glued back on and a new headlamp in situ. New bumper cost ?25 and the headlamp was a fiver (which I bought 3 years ago and has been in the loft ever since).

So its all sorted for ?30 bar the dent in the bonnet which will get sorted at the respray later this year.

Well you live and learn.

SORRY TO THE WIFE FOR BENDING YOUR CAR

J4MES
22-04-06, 05:42 PM
quite "lucky" there, sorted nice and cheap, my mate hit a badger in his week old fiat siecento totalled the bumper, rad and a wing....

SRlew
22-04-06, 06:38 PM
am glad the damage wasnt to bad mate, as said could of been a lot worse, as you hit a deer an all!

Donova
22-04-06, 07:13 PM
A deer, A female deer:) DOH!

Jules
22-04-06, 09:19 PM
PS The deer died.............

.........After I'd ran over it, then reversed back over it, then forwards over it again, then back over it, then forwards, then back and finally I wheelspan on it just to make sure - to teach it a leason!

Admit it Joff - that's what really happend!
:thumb:

Simes
23-04-06, 12:25 PM
oh dear! lol sorry couldnt resist!

j1400
23-04-06, 01:03 PM
lucky escape, I hit stag earlier in the year at 60

results
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/5761/im000877a1re.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

J4MES
23-04-06, 01:53 PM
fcuk me!!!! and those passats are damn solid cars as well! my dad's got hit by a transit full of cheese and got written off!! good cars tho....

Ash C
23-04-06, 06:07 PM
mmmmmmmm............. cheese and venison.

ade
23-04-06, 11:14 PM
bloody hell!

my m8 hit a deer cutting through cannock chase (not rallying but taking a back road) - hit a stag that bolted out of the forest.

He was driving a rover 414 - totally wrote the car off! Hit the front went up the bonnet - antlers smashed the windscreen and it shot over the roof. he ended up swerving into a ditch!

The stag was still alive afterwards - had to get a park ranger to come out and shoot it! Me mates a hard man but said it was the worst moment of his life hearing the animal crying out in pain

:eek:

not nice - glad your okay (and werent in the nova)

Ade
:thumb:

j1400
26-04-06, 09:14 PM
passat is still alive it hasn't bent the frotn legs and the slam panel (aptley named I think) unbolts, took 2hours total and only has a dink in the wing a a reminder, only ?100 for the parts from the scrapper and in white too.