PDA

View Full Version : Rocket fuel

Jack
21-04-06, 05:23 PM
as nabbed from CCUK here (http://www.celica-club.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42360).

Apparently BP are trialling "BP Ultimae 102 Unleaded" 102RON fuel on 9 of their UK forecourts... Anybody know anything more about this? The CCUK post has a press release style Q&A in it, but I can't find any more info from a quick googling :confused:

Stuart
21-04-06, 05:32 PM
it wont be of mch use to most nova owners lol.... unless they can be bothered to get the dizzy setup to cope and then turn it back/forward when changing fuels lol.

for the record the tescos 99ron made my omega run a tad hot, but smoother hmmm lol. i think this high octane fuel is only of real benefit to import turbos and turbo cars in general (ber diesels... always have to cover ones back on forums due to moron users lol)

Jack
21-04-06, 05:42 PM
Yus, in my original post I wrote "could be of use to turbo owners" but then re-worded the post and forgot to put that back in lol

Was just wondering if anyone else had heard about this really and could offer any confirmation. I know BP sell 102 octane in Japan and what not, but don't know about them releasing it here

Adam
21-04-06, 06:00 PM
I aint heard about it, but as Stu said not much use on 8v nova engine, my RON plug only goes to 95Ron. Lol

Theres a BP near me, and that dont have it, but you said its only in 9 stations.