PDA

View Full Version : Help Am I Being Scammed?!

Ben_1981
19-04-06, 07:41 PM
I had been looking for a pair of good M3 mirrors to fit my nova. I found this company http://www.racerheaven.co.uk/acatalog/info.html who were able to supply what i needed and subsequently entered into an agreement with them.

As requested i phoned, placed my order and paid upfront with my card. I was then advised that the mirrors would be with me in 3-5 working days. After many phone calls chasing delivery and many different excuses as to why they hadn't been delivered some 7 weeks later the issue still hasn't been resolved. He has also advised me that this order wasn't a stock order even though the website gives that impression.

Can anybody offer any advice as to what to do now or has anybody else had any dealings with this company.

Welsh Dan
19-04-06, 07:43 PM
Have you asked for a refund?

Ben_1981
19-04-06, 07:45 PM
Yep but was told it was special order so refunds cant be given :(

mikey14sr
19-04-06, 07:47 PM
Was it on credit card? maybe contact you're card company and make a claim against them for not delivering the goods?

ade
19-04-06, 08:51 PM
if you paid for it over the phone they they entered into a Distance selling regulations contract and as such you can contact your bank and issue a charge back against them (or something like that). Its your statutory rights.

M3 mirrors are really common so 7 weeks is v excessive. I'd tell them theyve got until the end of the week to produce goods or you'll contact your card company and get them to charge back them 0 they get charged for it also!

:thumb:

-tucny-
19-04-06, 09:10 PM
as ade pointed out, they are likley to have broken the supply of goods and services act.

iv read a fair bit into consumer law and its quite interesting. the customer has got so many rights its untrue.

when the sale took place you and the seller entered a contract. it is the shops duty to inform you of every detail you need to know regarding what you have paid for, how it has been supplied and what has been supplied. when you bought your mirrors i assume you received no notification that the item was not in stock, i notice they have a paragraph on their site informing you about delivery of non-stock items. this should have been available prior to the sale. however as there is no definate timescale for non stock items they should be delivered in a reasonable time, so 7 weeks could be un-reasonable. do a search for the sales of goods and services act and find this exact information as i cant remember any times scales.

if you have the right to ask for a refund at this point and they dont give it to you then contact your credit card company as theoretically its them that are asking you for money without supplying the goods so they have to refund you.

ade
19-04-06, 10:07 PM
or go here -

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/guide/distsell.htm

Ben_1981
20-04-06, 09:49 PM
Cheers for all your help guys, am in contact with Trading Standards now that should put the sh*ts up him lol He has now supplied me with a tracking number and told me that goods were dispached on the 13/04/06, they still haven't arrived!! The tracking number can't be found so now i guess it's up to TS. I'll keep you posted, and if anyone is thinking about using these jokers DONT!!!!!

Ben_1981
26-04-06, 07:02 PM
Just to bring and end to this thread, with trading standards contacted and a phone call from me threatening legal action my mirrors arrived today. Cheers to everyone for their advice. :)

Geth
26-04-06, 07:33 PM
Well done mate, it's good to know that at least some parts of the system work.