*5 crunch amplifiers 1200 watts rms
audiobahn 3and a half fared capacitor
massive heavy duty battery
all to fit in a nova with no back seats

do you think that thats a big install

SuperNova!
18-04-06, 04:09 PM
I am not being derogetory but:

Audiobahn over-rate their ratings massivley and personally I dont see the point in having 5 subs especially being varying sizes, as one will make one bass tone and the other size making another tone, making it sound naff tbh, why not save some weight and but one serious one and a monster amp like a jl audio w7 or something along those lines.

With all those amps you will need an uprated alternator some serious cables and possibly some more batteries,

Also why in hell would you want mid bass speakers when you have 5 subs!!

Some thinking needs to be done about this setup,

I think the best setup would be 2 sets of quality components, 1 good sub 2 good amps, but thats just my opinion.

:thumb:

knukkles
18-04-06, 04:51 PM
the sound system will be wired so that the deep bass tones will be thraugh the 15inch sub and the mid bass tone will be run thraugh the 12s and 10s which is what the littler subs are built for i have heard audiobahn systems at spl comps and believe me they are bassy and very load

Jack
18-04-06, 06:38 PM
Are your power figures right, the only 1000W RMS Audiobahn 10" sub I can find is the ~?360 Compression sub, and the Immortal is 2000W RMS...

Buying 5 of the Crunch V1800 amps will set you back around ?1000 alone :wtf:

Also, the Audiobahn subs aren't 1ohm compatible (again I think the only Audiobahn 1ohm subs are the Compression ones?) either so the amp will be providing less power to them - the V1800 wil only supply 1ohm so isn't really compatible with the Audiobahn kit

FUSION X16XE
22-06-07, 02:08 PM
go for all the same size subs m8 dont mix and match.

philly
22-06-07, 02:31 PM
for the money you will spend on all that, you will get about the same power and sound for less with less equipment too and then concentrate the build on looks. remember itd gotta look good too aswell as sounding good.

try for some jl or phoenix gold. try even rockford fosgate

hughesthelegend
24-06-07, 10:39 AM
forget ice installes mate, just strip it, cage it and race it. You'll be going so fast the only music you will need is that of your engine ragging it!!

if that dont interest you just get 2 tweeters, couple components, 6x9s and a powerfull 1000w sub and equally as powerfull amp, and false floor it, that would look subtle and smart, too much bass will rattle the hell out of your nova anyway and will sound rubbish. its a good idea what you have got the dvd player is pretty cool i aint disrespecting you mate but all that other stuff just seems like a waist of time, novas are easy to break in to so you would have to spend a bit on some security and possibly tint the windows so no theiving little (trekkie b's tucked in to there socks) ****e nicks it all.

puss puss
24-06-07, 11:26 AM
say no to 6x9s front components jl audio amp n sub thats good enough for me :)

K55KER
14-07-07, 08:52 PM
Agree with Hughesthelegend,i wasted about ?3000 back in 1994 on a 136db nova system,was a big mistake,novas are all about track day weapons,dont spoil the little go-kart like i did,,,

Nova_Tek
15-07-07, 05:38 PM
I'd agree with the majority of the comments on here and say thats too much especially for a little car.

Getting yourself 1 very good sub 2 good amps a set quality of components put in the right places will make your sound system very clear and something which is enjoyable to listen to plus it'll save you a bundle and save weight.

We all love bass but too much bass is annoying and takes the pleasure away imo.

Keeping it simple is the key in my eyes.

b,r,m
17-07-07, 12:39 PM
i dont see the point in big sound systems now people just brake in to your car for them and if u have a nice tidy nova that looks nice u dnt need 1 all iv got is 6x9s and a sony head unit and a vibe 12'' sub

richi
18-07-07, 05:45 PM
you would also need to dynamate your car if your going all out and the would cost a fair wak, i agree with the rest go for one sub, mayb two and with the money you save u could have a real nice fiberglass install,

Ash
20-07-07, 08:18 PM
I don't understand why people think more kit is better? The best sounding car in the world uses ONE set of components (http://www.focal.tm.fr/accueil_en.htm)and ONE 8" sub running off two amps and an EQ. Much better than hearing you glass, panels and skull shaking with some single tone noise which half the time you can't hear anyway.