PDA

View Full Version : gsi advise

knukkles
18-04-06, 02:16 PM
hi ive got a nova with full wide arch kit 18s ,massive ice install to be done, but the car will not move with the 1,ltr engine in it so need a transplant im not that into performance as it is a show car but i want it to go when it needs to was thinking full gsi engine transplant with a few engine mods but what work will be involved when puttin it in e,g wiring and stuff thankkks

craig green
19-04-06, 01:59 PM
you nee the engine, box & shafts with the injection loom & ECU. Then use the tank & pump from GTE/GSi & the rest should fall into place easily enuff.

knukkles
19-04-06, 03:31 PM
so i wont need to re do all the brake pipes then , i no i will need to upgrade the brakes eg pads and discs iis it a Big job or will it be easy enauph to do

Stuart
19-04-06, 04:01 PM
you dont nessecaraly need the driveshafts.

wiring is easy as pie. Black is switched live, red is permy live, brown is earth, green is the tacho and then there is the fuel pump relay wires.

a brake upgrade would be wise, plus it will fill the wheels better and not look so gay lol

knukkles
19-04-06, 05:27 PM
whats the 0 to 60 for a standerd gsi

Adam
19-04-06, 05:31 PM
Bout 9-10secs iirc.

Stuart
19-04-06, 06:02 PM
dont forget that yout 0-60 will be right down the pan with those wheels and ice etc.. maybe something like 15secs lol

knukkles
19-04-06, 06:17 PM
nah it wont be that slow it doesnt way that much and the rims are big yes but it wont drive that slow

Adam
19-04-06, 06:20 PM
ICE weighs a ton, literally. lol
Plus massive rims will make the 0-60 slower.

knukkles
19-04-06, 06:21 PM
18inch are not that big anyway compared to sum also ive seen loads of kitted up nova gsi:s with big sound systems big rims and they were quick

Stuart
19-04-06, 06:28 PM
they probably had c20XE's in them.

trust me the bigger alloys make your FD taller which gives you a greater obtainable top speed BUT at the sacrifice of acceleration.

knukkles
19-04-06, 06:56 PM
i know what your sayin yeah but the car wasnt really baught for speed ,,if i wanted speed i wauld of saved me money and baught a skyline for 4 grand which is whats next on the project list as soon as the nova is finished

dannyb
19-04-06, 07:02 PM
18inch are not that big anyway compared to sum also ive seen loads of kitted up nova gsi:s with big sound systems big rims and they were quick

Considering the Nova was designed to run on 14s, lol! BTW, you could try fitting 288mm V6 brakes to fill the wheels out a little?

Adam
19-04-06, 08:53 PM
Pah, you dont want 288s, get at least some 308s on there lol

Stuart
20-04-06, 08:58 AM
why bother spending money on the nova then, jsut go out and buy a ?4K (snigger) skyline.... lol a ?4K one will cost you double that in repairs as it will be a dog.

knukkles
20-04-06, 09:31 AM
just shows how much you know then doesnt it stuart thats how much gtst;s are
go on auto trader and look at skylines then you will know how much you can get a good one for

TommySR
20-04-06, 10:31 AM
Yes, but GTST Skylines are a waste of money to be honest mate!

Stuart
20-04-06, 11:07 AM
indeed. thats like going out and buying a 1.6 imprezza... kinda pointless, but hey atleast you have an imprezza so you can try to brag down the pub. lmao

novamadman
20-04-06, 04:29 PM
indeed. thats like going out and buying a 1.6 imprezza... kinda pointless, but hey atleast you have an imprezza so you can try to brag down the pub. lmao

lmfao ahahahaha :D

knukkles
20-04-06, 08:11 PM
well it wauld be stupid to go and get a gtr when i wauld not be able to ensure it and a gtst wauld piss on most novas for looks aswell as speed

Timmy
20-04-06, 08:46 PM
XE strpped out you be eating dust

Stuart
20-04-06, 09:01 PM
anyway who gives a flunk.

Jack
20-04-06, 09:16 PM
Stuff the Skyline, get a Glanza/Starlet turbo or maybe even a GTiR if your insurance can handle it. Both would run rings round a GTST. Come to think of it a 106 rallye would probably be able to give one a runabout, especially on corners lol

But tbh Stu is right - ?4k is the real bottom end of the Skyline market, and believe me Jap cars are NOT cheap to maintain. For that money you'd be looking at an import too, so insurance would be about 3 times that of a UK one.

knukkles
20-04-06, 10:09 PM
all skylines are imports and the bottom end price you can get a gtst for is around 2 grand and it all depends on the model r32 gtst,s are 2,0ltr straight six single turbo d and r33,s gtst is a 2.5 straight six single turbo so a 106?nova or any of that wauld not stand a chance ......... also you can get gtr skylines around 6 grand now,,, and no one will stand a chance

Stuart
21-04-06, 08:56 AM
you can get UK spec skylines.. and in actual fact the uk/euro spec skylines are (as std) better than the jap ones...
id rather have a 106 over a 2.0 skyline, as really what the point in having a car like that, but a really really slow version. As my comments in the previous bi "its like getting a 1.6 imprezza" lol. But hey you carry on in your dellusional world ;)

knukkles
21-04-06, 12:26 PM
you r insane i really dont have a clue about how you wauld rather have a ****ty girley pug 106 rather than a turbo,d rear wheel drive nissan skyline oh well its your taste at the end of the day and i really dont understand how you can call a skyline really really slow when they use the rear wheel drive speck in drift comps and the 4 wheel drive spec in drag and 1/4 mile and what do they use 106 for?????? to take grandmah to hairdressers and to go to asda

Stuart
21-04-06, 02:39 PM
you were on about the 2.0 version... tahts not going to be "that" fast when you add its weight etc. Plus all these drift /1/4 monsters etc need to be modded and so on... you honeslty belive you can buy a 10sec skyline for ?2K you go ahead lol
i also assume youve never driven a pug 106.... for a bog std car that you really dont expect much from they are genuinely great (way better than a nova, bar the pedal layout)

good ole narrow minded chav spec nova owners hey ;)

knukkles
21-04-06, 06:52 PM
i have had a pug 106 and they are not that good really and the only skyline thats a 2.,oltr is a r32 and r33 one is 2.5 whether its a gtst or a gtr the difference is that gtr have two turbos and 4wd any way why am i trying to prove how good skylines are when i have no need to when 3 quorters of the car people population LOVE them

Stuart
21-04-06, 07:02 PM
oh i like them, just your delluded if you think you can get a GOOD one that is worth owning for the little money you want to spend..... meh its you money you go have fun lmao

knukkles
21-04-06, 08:15 PM
right okey go on www.autotrader.co.uk (http://www.autotrader.co.uk) and at the side click on the slide menu and choose nissan and then on the one below choose skyline type in your post code and see what comes up their is allot of the and they are all around 4 or 5 grand even for gtr ones trust me stuart DO IT and then apoligise to me please you made me cry lol lol lol

Stuart
21-04-06, 09:26 PM
ohhh id love a 2.0 turbo auto skyline thats been chaved up badly for ?2995 lmao

looks like atleast ?6K before something gets "tollerable" on that front...
its like you can get a nova for ?20 but it dosent mean its a gooun lol

Welsh Dan
21-04-06, 09:53 PM
This reminds me of that top gear episode where they bought the old sports cars for ?500 and they kept breaking down. :)