PDA

View Full Version : quick question

hendrix
18-04-06, 01:14 PM
basically ive just got a corsa which is in my name but as yet is uninsured by me, however the missus wants to use the car for work as she is fully comp on her nova and this allows her use of another car third party only, so is she technically insured to drive the car without fear of the boys in blue
cheers
andy

probert_nova
19-04-06, 01:17 PM
from what i can gather theres not a fixed rule about this tobehonest mate, some companies require that the corsa be insured by someone else before she can drive it but some members will tell you that there policy allows them to drive any car without it having to be insured. best to phone them up.

dannyb
26-04-06, 11:37 AM
I would get your Corsa insured before she drives it. If she has driven it to work and it gets stolen, she will (most probably) not be covered for theft, only third party damage. By having it insured you can say 'I was visiting her at work' and get some pay out.
I drive 'my Dads' group 18 BMW under my policy which allows me "to drive any other car with the owners permission" its in his name, he insures it for 200 quid a year (rather than my quote of 2100) and I have his pemission to drive it...Scary

aswrally
19-05-06, 07:05 PM
basically ive just got a corsa which is in my name but as yet is uninsured by me, however the missus wants to use the car for work as she is fully comp on her nova and this allows her use of another car third party only, so is she technically insured to drive the car without fear of the boys in blue
cheers
andy
no shes not insured the vehicle still has to be insured by the owner and also your car will be on the dvla database as no insurance
i have a traders policy which allows me to own/drive anything i want but i still have to inform them of any vehicles i own so it can be logged on the database
if she gets stopped in it you risk losing your car not worth it do it properly

Will
20-05-06, 10:27 AM
no shes not insured the vehicle still has to be insured by the owner and also your car will be on the dvla database as no insurance
i have a traders policy which allows me to own/drive anything i want but i still have to inform them of any vehicles i own so it can be logged on the database
if she gets stopped in it you risk losing your car not worth it do it properly

as above

insure the corsa, YOU HAVE TO! bear in mind that driving another car via your own policy (with permission) provides you with the lowest cover possible, basic TPO..... no legal protection etc etc