PDA

View Full Version : Turbo diesel

Crazy Ry Ry
18-04-06, 01:01 PM
I have bought a 4 door turbo diesel as an engine donor to put into my 1.2i but was wondering will the tank and fuel lines be the same . also if i do need to swap the tank over are will the 4 door one fit onto my 2 door ?:confused:

amggsi
18-04-06, 02:10 PM
You will need the tank and fuel lines swapped over. It's not an easy conversion, I looked into it when I had my 1.0! I think the front panel/slam panel has to be changed/modified in some way as well!!!!

BENOVA
18-04-06, 05:21 PM
Yes mate i have a Courney Diesel conversion on a 4 door but with original metal blister archs from the GTE the rear doors are a work of art any way yer you need to change your tank i got a new one and pump and lines you will need to make a bit of room as the rad is tight they dont have intercoolers as standard but up the boost and strapm a intercooler somewhere and you will be laughing a also have a black 89 GTE which is very fast but the diesel is so much fun happy smokin

Nova Full
19-04-06, 11:01 AM
You'll need to change the tank and lines for diesel ones, it is also easier to completly remove your engine loom and replace with the entire diesel loom, the drivers side engine mount is in a completly different place aswell, use the diesel clocks aswell

The front slam panel on a TD is in two pieces to make maintenance easier but it all should fit a petrol one with a squeeze

i'm sure three door and four door tanks are different, if they are I have a three door diesel tank you can have for a ?10 if needed

CorsaCruiser
24-04-06, 09:52 AM
What diesel engine is it that you've bought, original nova 1.5td ?

Idea:

Take out the fuel pump that's inside the tank right now, remove the pump itself and place a piece of fuel hose between the top part and the filter (where the pump used to be)!
If there are any problems with the fuel running back to the tank, simply by a non-return valve and place that in the fuel hose running from tank to pump :thumb:

The RH-side engine mount is placed inside the chassis leg, easiest way of converting to a td would be to cut the mount(incl some chassis leg) and weld it into the 1.2 :roll:

RJM25R
07-09-06, 06:32 PM
who's courney?

John
07-09-06, 06:47 PM
Think he meant courtenay! (yep that right, it was on e-bay a while back, post some pics if you have some benova, those blistered arches looked factory, it's metallic blue isn't it?)
You'll have to mod the o/s engine mount to as this is completely different in a diesel, as already stated, Oh and fit the fuel filter housing somewhere too.

BENOVA
18-09-06, 11:00 AM
Hi every one thanks for you views but the blue diesel is dead i scapped it last month it was so rotten , but i have converted a nova deisel van into a turbo it was a bit of a mare but not that bad you need 10mm fuel lines and you will need to modify the slam panel all the wiring will fit you just need to hook up the wire from the alternator and your away