PDA

View Full Version : door handle swap

jay
25-04-02, 03:00 PM
can anyone tell me how to fit cavalier or corsa handles to replace the standard ones?
cheers

Freak
25-04-02, 03:50 PM
Why?
They look shite.

ade
25-04-02, 07:05 PM
hastle. much hastle. You've got to weld stuff, cut stuff, blend stuff and if you stuff up doing the stuff yerv gotta get new doors!

Stuff it.

apples
25-04-02, 10:57 PM
personally i think vectra ones look nice.
you need to cut the section of the door around the handle you want, cut around nova handle, line up the new piece so it operates the mechanism then weld in and smooth.
not impossible but quite a bit of graft involved

korky
26-04-02, 12:30 AM
they all look crap! my nova is gettin a respray soon and I'm putting on either mk1 Laguna or Avensis door handles. Both are small and easy to put on flush with the door. Also will look the dogz bollox!

ade
26-04-02, 12:51 PM
could be interestin. Human door handle look alike. Poke him in the eye to unlock him n pull his finger to open.
Jam a screwdriver in his arse n watch him pop open with ease. Then drive him away at great speed. Stop cover in petrol and set alite :p
(sorry - v silly - not referring to dogz bollox the person - sure he doesnt want a screw driver up his arse. Unlike a local Glasgow torture where they shove a rubber tube up yer jaxi n then insert barbed wire! :o)
Ade

Aj_1984_99
27-04-02, 09:47 AM
I tell you what Ade lately there have been loadsa trouble around were i live and if i get hold of one of the little bastards am gonna tie wrap his hands togethger, drag him to my house then stick a soldering iron up his arse!!!!!

ade
27-04-02, 06:25 PM
:o chocolate ring singe :o