PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 8v conversion, any guides?

SRlew
18-04-06, 11:38 AM
well iv really been thinking bout what to do engine wise, my mate has an 2.0 8vcav which i can have for under ?80, so am really thinking about doing the conversion and running it on carbs, cam, headwork etc etc.

only thing im really worried about is where the engine mounts go and the pipe work. but would like a guide on the whole conversion if possible, also if i do it i'll be using an m-tech kit.

are there any guides on this conversion, done a search but couldnt find anything helpfull.

cheers, lew

General Baxter
18-04-06, 11:40 AM
if i remember correctly its the same conversion for the Xe,

Ste L
18-04-06, 11:56 AM
as baxter said, its exactly the same as the xe conversion

wouldn't bother with mtec kit, get a mount off valvers.com etc, some 22 spline gte shafts and cav 1600 inner's and that all you need...

well apart from brakes and decent suspension

dannyb
18-04-06, 01:12 PM
What suspension do you run at the front with a XE/ SEH/ NE conversion bearing in mind that they are heavier units?

Ste L
18-04-06, 01:38 PM
i got just a standard 60mm kit, just it handles like ****...

i want to get some high poundage springs soon, probably 300lbs

SRlew
18-04-06, 02:20 PM
well iv already got 16v breaks and iv got a gmax kit on it.
might start lookin for those parts then and see how much they go for.

lew

Crazy Ry Ry
18-04-06, 02:28 PM
I may be wrong here and im sure someone will tell me but im pretty sure gmax wouldnt be up to the job on an engine conversion . sure you can buy sets designed for engine transplant use ?

SRlew
18-04-06, 02:32 PM
doubt id keep them on for it if i do the conversion any way. as i want coilovers:)

dathers
18-04-06, 06:29 PM
There is a few places that do higher rate front springs for use in a nova with a 2ltr engine,courtney do them for about ?60 for the front pair,they really transformed the handling when i fit mine to the XE'd nova i used to have.
Still use your gmax front shock and gmax rear springs and shox.
Dave

Adam
18-04-06, 06:32 PM
I think rally design do the springs too.