PDA

View Full Version : Scrubbing

Rich
17-04-06, 11:36 PM
Im lowered 60mm all round on 195/45/15 et49, when i had 2 mates in the back i got a loud scrubbing from the passenger rear arch. It looks like theres good enough clearance between the wheel/arch though? There were no marks on the tyre i can see. As the tyre moves up over bumps etc would it move outwards at all? i don't want to get my arches rolled if i dont really need to, but is that most likely what it was rubbing on?

Should i get the arches rolled anyway, its becoming a pain not having more than one person in the back so need it sorted. Whats a rough price normally? Cars in the bodyshop at the moment so ill see how much he wants tomorrow.

dannyb
18-04-06, 12:22 AM
Are your shocks uprated too or is it just on springs? If you use standard shocks with lowered springs (esp 60mm+) they will become more tired after a while and will not stiffen the car as they should. If you haven't already you could try matched shocks.

Cr4iG
18-04-06, 09:04 AM
if it aint rubbing on the arch, its rubbing on the inner arch and/or the shocker only real way around it is getting narrower wheels or getting a slightly lower offset wheel (et45 perhaps)

you could stick a small spacer on, if youve got enough clearence on the outside of the arch, 3mm or so

Adam
18-04-06, 03:24 PM
It will be rubbing on the arch lip probably.

Jack
18-04-06, 05:53 PM
Don't forget not all Novas were built to exact to-the-milimeter dimensions - its highly likely your rear passenger wing panel is a few mm further in than the driver side.

Probably the springs/dampers aren't stiff enough though.

Rich
18-04-06, 08:40 PM
Its a gmax -60mm kit, with shocks and springs to match. There is alot more room on the drivers side than on the passenger side. Might just get the arches rolled and hope thats what was rubbing lol

thanks for the help