PDA

View Full Version : Help with XE Wiring

cheshiresport
17-04-06, 10:21 PM
Im trying at the moinute to wire up my xe. Got nova gte car loom. ound most the wires i need to connect but cant find the Red/blue (4mm) on the gte loom, found the smaller red/blue fuel relay wire.

Also cant find the blue wire (coolant temp) on the xe loom, and the -12v for ecu black wire, there are two black wires in the large round plug but dont know which 1 it is.

Can anyone help me, and tell me anything else i may need to know to get it all wired up :thumb:

Lee H
18-04-06, 04:38 PM
Hard to explain but you shouldn't need the large round plug, should be a square one just after it with 6 wires in if its the loom i'm thinking of. The GTE car loom should then have the opposite plug and it should be a case of just swapping the position of some of the wires and plugging it in.

Coolant wire won't be on the loom, will just wire straight from thermstat housing to the clocks.

Ste L
18-04-06, 05:11 PM
my xe loom had the blue for the temp on it,

if you remember when we did mine lee, we cut the original off at the bulk head?

cheshiresport
18-04-06, 07:27 PM
i cant find this ellusive blue wire anywhere cant i just extend the nova one round the bay to the thermostat?

Lee H
19-04-06, 09:01 AM
my xe loom had the blue for the temp on it,

if you remember when we did mine lee, we cut the original off at the bulk head?

Think this guy has a different loom, think its like the one I had on my xe when it was in the black car where the blue just went straight from the clocks to the thermostat housing.

cheshiresport
19-04-06, 07:11 PM
Ive been told that its a astra gte loom ive got, surely i can just extend the blue wire on the nova loom to the thermostat?

nova~norm
19-04-06, 07:36 PM
does any none have a wiring diagram which may help him?

Ste L
19-04-06, 09:25 PM
Ive been told that its a astra gte loom ive got, surely i can just extend the blue wire on the nova loom to the thermostat?

yes, thats what you gotta do fella..

if you need a hand, im willing to come have a look, only about 30mins from me

cheshiresport
20-04-06, 05:28 PM
Thanx 4 the offer ste may well take you up on that offer just to be safe as you already have 1 in your car. Will pm you my details if you wouldnt mind