PDA

View Full Version : ideas for up rated clutches

Philsutton
17-04-06, 01:24 PM
Right i gave my corsa some serious abuse this weekend at donnington, after about 5 laps my clutch started to errrm kind of burn to ****. It wasnt slipping, i was still getting wheel spin in 4th down the straight but i did get far to much heat into and when i came off the track i lost all my low gears until it had cooled down.

Im running the xe flat type flywheel, any ideas what clutch would be best to go for?, im only running standard power as well and hoping for a lot more.

mikey14sr
17-04-06, 03:47 PM
A standard GM clutch should be more than up to the job as they can normally take up to 50bhp more than standard safely. If you're going further than that it might be worth asking courtney or regal what they would reccommend.

Philsutton
17-04-06, 04:01 PM
ive gone past the 50bhp mark though as its an xe clutch not let, unless some of the lets came with none pot type flywheels.

mowgli
17-04-06, 09:36 PM
check out the turbodiesel clutches, they need to cope with much more torque than a petrol there is probably on that fits

jamie gsi16v
17-04-06, 09:52 PM
phill why not try the pot flywheel and let clutch like mine, iv found hardly any wheelspin and wen it comes on boost it just accelerates like **** without too much wheelspin too, better top speed too, wont cost u owt to try it? you can evan get a lightened let flywheel if you want with an let clutch too?

how about helix? here daves recommending them at the mo lol lol